Stord is on a mission to migrate supply chains to the cloud—empowering brands to build sophisticated, agile, and integrated supply chains.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, Stord is pioneering the world's first Cloud Supply Chain. The Cloud Supply Chain is the convergence of the digital and physical elements of logistics. With Stord's Cloud Supply Chain, businesses can build, expand, and optimize their physical supply chain operations across freight, warehousing, and fulfillment, with the speed, flexibility, and ease of modern cloud software.
With a single integration, businesses achieve end-to-end visibility into their whole supply chains from a single dashboard and gain access to Stord's network of hundreds of warehouses, fulfillment centers, and carriers.
We're a rapidly growing team that is backed by over $125M from leading investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, BOND, D1 Capital, and more (investors in Amazon, Google, Twitter, and more)We've received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
The future of supply chains is in the cloud. Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with the Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Senior Data Scientist Position:
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Data team to partner with the Freight organization to build our Freight Analytics from the ground up, driving the analytics roadmap and project execution.
This role is great for someone who works well in a fast-paced and tight-knit environment where new ideas are welcome.
Remote work possible for candidates located in GA, TN, TX, CO, CA, NJ, FL, AL, NY, MI, OR, IL, OH, PA and IN
What You'll Do:
- Partner closely with the Freight team including Demand, Supply and Finance teams to understand business requirements and implement solutions that drive business performance
- Acts as an advocate for continuous improvement, identifying opportunities and efficiencies across both the Data and Freight teams
- Design and implement scalable automated decisioning systems supporting the Freight team
- Own the design & development of metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions
- Create and maintain systems to optimize and automate decision making
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Decisions Sciences, or related quantave field
- 5+ years of experience leveraging quantave analysis and analytics to solve business problems
- 3+ years of experience working directly with business stakeholders to develop metrics and drive change
- Programs: Fluent in SQL, experience using a scripting language like Python or R. Strong Excel fundamentals, Experience building dashboards using Sisense or similar BI tools, Experience with any cloud development platform (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Prior experience in Logistics, specifically Freight Brokerage
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning toolkits and frameworks
- Experience in data engineering and automation to build metrics decks, dashboards and BI solutions
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong! 🏓
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Stipend
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.