Stord is on a mission to migrate supply chains to the cloud—empowering brands to build sophisticated, agile, and integrated supply chains.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, Stord is pioneering the world's first Cloud Supply Chain. The Cloud Supply Chain is the convergence of the digital and physical elements of logistics. With Stord's Cloud Supply Chain, businesses can build, expand, and optimize their physical supply chain operations across freight, warehousing, and fulfillment, with the speed, flexibility, and ease of modern cloud software.
With a single integration, businesses achieve end-to-end visibility into their whole supply chains from a single dashboard and gain access to Stord's network of hundreds of warehouses, fulfillment centers, and carriers.
We're a rapidly growing team that is backed by over $125M from leading investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, BOND, D1 Capital, and more (investors in Amazon, Google, Twitter, and more)We've received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
The future of supply chains is in the cloud. Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with the Cloud Supply Chain.
Travel Requirements: 30% travel required to visit sites
Remote is possible for candidates located in GA, TN, TX, CO, CA, NJ, FL, AL, NY, MI, OR, IL, PA, OH, and IN
About the Industrial Engineer Position:
Stord is looking for it’s first Industrial Engineer to join the Data & Integrations team. Someone in this role will work on the implementation of our new warehouses and contribute to the further expansion of Stord’s product and services. You will analyze inventory footprint and turns, proposing layout designs, developing final building layout and design (CAD) with Fulfillment.
What You'll Do:
- Support the material flow and area planning for our warehouse operations
- Conduct analyses to select warehousing technology for our sites throughout the US
- Assist the procurement of various supply chain solutions including hardware, software & supporting technology
- Support the implementation of material handling systems that enable capacity and productivity improvements
- Contribute to process development and improvement initiatives to reinforce the goal of Operational Excellence
- Conduct Motion and Time Studies for the development of future engineered labor standards
- Process and document projects and concepts
- Plan processes and design warehouse layouts (AutoCAD, SketchUp)
- Supports solutions design on large deals
What You'll Need:
- 4+ years of experience as an Industrial Engineer preference for start-up experience
- Proven technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects
- Design and/or implementation experience with integrated automation solutions, such as material handling systems, high-speed packaging lines, or manufacturing lines.
- Practical experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience in warehouse planning, material flow planning, or logistics consulting
- Knowledge on Warehouse Management Systems is nice to have
- Experience with AutoCAD, SketchUp and data mining techniques (SQL)
- Detail orientation, strong analytical and organizational skills
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong! 🏓
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Stipend
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.