Stord is on a mission to migrate supply chains to the cloud—empowering brands to build sophisticated, agile, and integrated supply chains.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, Stord is pioneering the world's first Cloud Supply Chain. The Cloud Supply Chain is the convergence of the digital and physical elements of logistics. With Stord's Cloud Supply Chain, businesses can build, expand, and optimize their physical supply chain operations across freight, warehousing, and fulfillment, with the speed, flexibility, and ease of modern cloud software.
With a single integration, businesses achieve end-to-end visibility into their whole supply chains from a single dashboard and gain access to Stord's network of hundreds of warehouses, fulfillment centers, and carriers.
We're a rapidly growing team that is backed by over $125M from leading investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, BOND, D1 Capital, and more (investors in Amazon, Google, Twitter, and more)We've received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
The future of supply chains is in the cloud. Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with the Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Data Governance Analyst Position:
The main purpose of the Data Governance Analyst is to establish a data governance process here at Stord. Focusing on the formation and execution of data governance frameworks, policies and standards. This position assists in the implementation of an enterprise data governance program.
We are looking for a self-starter who has the ability to develop into a team lead as the Data Governance team expands.
Preference for candidates located in GA, TN, TX, CO, CA, NJ, FL, AL, NY, MI, OR, IL, OH, and IN
What You'll Do:
- Document data process flows, ingestion points, storage methods, retention and deletion of data.
- Identify, define, and manage Data Domains and Elements, including the business and technical definitions, metadata and source of truth, and ensuring its full inclusion in the Data Governance tools and workflows.
- Oversee, implement, and enforce a Data Governance Framework, Policies, Standards and Controls.
- Partner with Data and Engineering teams to provide visualization of the lineage of our customer and enterprise data, highlighting transformations and aggregations from origination through to reporting.
- Promote a Data Governance culture throughout the organization and help manage data as an asset and minimize data risk; effectively motivate people, instill accountability and demonstrate the value of data across a wide range of individuals including engineers, data analysts, executives, business operations teams, customers, regulators, etc.
- Provide regular reporting on Data Governance metrics and activities.
- Monitor ongoing compliance with the governance program to demonstrate adherence to the Data Governance Framework.
What You'll Need:
- End to end knowledge and experience implementing a Data Governance Program.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in managing Data Governance programs.
- Experience with data management tools such as Master Data Management, Metadata Management, Data Quality.
- Conceptual and functional experience in data processes and data modeling.
- Understanding of enterprise cloud infrastructure and data platforms and software development and delivery practices.
- Strong listening and presentation skills necessary to understand, communicate with, and persuade, a wide range of audiences.
- Familiarity with the CMMI Institute Data Management Maturity (DMM) Framework is a plus.
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong! 🏓
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Stipend
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.