Stord is on a mission to migrate supply chains to the cloud—empowering brands to build sophisticated, agile, and integrated supply chains.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, Stord is pioneering the world's first Cloud Supply Chain. The Cloud Supply Chain is the convergence of the digital and physical elements of logistics. With Stord's Cloud Supply Chain, businesses can build, expand, and optimize their physical supply chain operations across freight, warehousing, and fulfillment, with the speed, flexibility, and ease of modern cloud software.
With a single integration, businesses achieve end-to-end visibility into their whole supply chains from a single dashboard and gain access to Stord's network of hundreds of warehouses, fulfillment centers, and carriers.
We're a rapidly growing team that is backed by over $125M from leading investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, BOND, D1 Capital, and more (investors in Amazon, Google, Twitter, and more)We've received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
The future of supply chains is in the cloud. Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with the Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Senior SRE Position:
We are looking for a talented Senior Site Reliability Engineer with 6+ years experience to manage our growing infrastructure and build tools to increase the productivity of the engineering team as a whole.
STORD Site Reliability Engineers work together with the CTO, VP of Engineering, and engineering teams to continue to improve and scale our infrastructure. SREs at STORD are cross-functional engineers that are well-versed in both systems and software, fully owning efforts to improve the product infrastructure’s reliability (99.95% uptime, using an error budget approach), to collaborate on tools for the engineering team to own their code from their desktop to production, and to leverage infrastructure as code practices on both the product and business analytics platforms. At STORD, each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process from ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations.
Preference for candidates located in GA, TN, TX, CO, CA, NJ, FL, AL, NY, MI, OR, IL, IN, OH, NC, UT, LA, PA, or MN
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate across engineering to understand their pain points, creating full-stack applications and tools, enabling teams to own what they build with a consistent self-service experience for building, deploying, and operating code in production.
- Search for manual and thought-interrupting tasks (aka “toil”) and prioritize such tasks for automation or self-service, writing code to embed operational knowledge.
- Build, secure, maintain, and monitor infrastructure that the production application and business analytics system run on. Leverage infrastructure as code practices.
- Support a services based architecture using Docker and Kubernetes. Understand the 12 Factor App methodology, and apply it to our services and systems.
- Minimize risk of reliability failures of the application (measured in system availability of 99.95%) relating to durability, availability, and performance. Address availability risk by ensuring backup and recovery plans have been created and tested.
- Respond to alerts and troubleshoot production issues, participating in incident retrospectives to review outages and identify steps to improve reliability.
- Ensure that information security (IS) commitments and requirements are incorporated into the information technology processes and that managers are enforcing IS policies and procedures in their departments.
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 6+ years of professional SRE/DevOps experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
- Passion for building the highest-quality solutions that delight the customer (both internal and external customers)
- Full-stack development skills to include frontend, backend, and infrastructure
- Ability to write clean, reliable, and highly maintainable code
- Appreciation of a test-driven and code-review culture
- Experience building fully automated deployment pipelines to production environments
- Experience with infrastructure related tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, etc.)
- Desire to work through ambiguity and provide solutions to maximize efficiency
- Strong reasoning capabilities to persuade teams to adopt new and more efficient ways of working
- Clear communication skills
- Previous startup experience
- Previous logistics or supply chain experience
- Graduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong! 🏓
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Stipend
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.