Stord is on a mission to migrate supply chains to the cloud—empowering brands to build sophisticated, agile, and integrated supply chains.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, Stord is pioneering the world's first Cloud Supply Chain. The Cloud Supply Chain is the convergence of the digital and physical elements of logistics. With Stord's Cloud Supply Chain, businesses can build, expand, and optimize their physical supply chain operations across freight, warehousing, and fulfillment, with the speed, flexibility, and ease of modern cloud software.
With a single integration, businesses achieve end-to-end visibility into their whole supply chains from a single dashboard and gain access to Stord's network of hundreds of warehouses, fulfillment centers, and carriers.
We're a rapidly growing team that is backed by over $125M from leading investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, BOND, D1 Capital, and more (investors in Amazon, Google, Twitter, and more)We've received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
The future of supply chains is in the cloud. Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with the Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Principal Engineer Position:
We are looking for a talented and experienced Principal Engineer with a wide breadth of experience to join our team and assist with our product and platform expansion.
STORD’s Principal Software Engineer will work closely with the developers to break down and delegate complex solutions. You’ll mentor members of the team on technology and process best practices in delivering quality software at a continuous pace. This position will bridge the gap between delivery teams and SRE by bringing strength and experience with K8s, Helm charts, CI/CD pipelines. In addition, help teams leverage layers of test automation to determine what tests are performed in the unit/integration layer, component test layer, and end-to-end layers.
Preference for candidates located in GA, TN, TX, CO, CA, NJ, FL, AL, NY, MI, OR, IL, IN, OH, NC, UT, LA, PA, or MN
What You'll Do:
- Solve a wide variety of technical challenges as well as supply chain challenges that have yet to be solved.
- Work across the company to understand customer and vendor pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch daily.
- Promote code quality and other best practices among team members.
- Be surrounded by smart, driven individuals who are passionate about doing their best work and loving every day.
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 7+ years of full-stack software development experience. Preference for 9+ years experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
- Flexibility to move quickly with a startup.
- Experience with React or React Native
- The ability to write clean, reliable, and highly maintainable code
- Understand the differences between unit, integration, component, and end-to-end tests and how to use them in concert for a holistic test strategy
- Ready to learn Elixir/Phoenix; experience with multiple languages & frameworks (python/django, node/express, Ruby on Rails, java/spring mvc, go/beego etc.)
- Systems view - understanding of the system as a whole including knowledge of Docker Containers and orchestration, and how to contribute to CI/CD pipeline
- The ability to break down stories into a logical progression of value through iterations, while striving to deliver vertical slices of functionality in an iterative way
- Previous logistics or supply chain experience
- Previous startup experience
- Graduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
- Experience with Elixir or functional programming
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong! 🏓
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Stipend
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.