STORD is on a mission to empower modern shippers to move products more efficiently and effectively, at scale.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, STORD is the pioneer of Networked Distribution - a disruptive new logistics model that combines both software and services to transform how goods are moved across the globe. STORD connects a network of warehouses and distribution centers through a single software platform to provide increased visibility, control, and optimization across a company’s supply chain.
STORD has raised over $15M from leading investors such as Silicon Valley VC firm Kleiner Perkins (most known for investments in Google, Amazon, and Twitter), Susa Ventures, Dynamo, Rise of the Rest, and more. We’ve received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
About the Engineering Manager Position:
We are looking for someone that believes in servant leadership, a person that instinctively decides to focus on the highest priorities of others first, and then is aspired to lead. Growing the teams, increasing their autonomy and impact. Someone that started off as an engineer and then grew into a senior software engineer, then a technical lead, and finally a manager. Through these experiences, you’ve come to learn and understand the needs of a development team, and how to support them.
You can support the engineering teams through technical project management, career development, feedback, increased ownership and staying in-touch with the team’s daily happenings such that you can understand their contributions. Encourage a culture of knowledge sharing. Provide clear expectations through procedures and processes. Measure impact through metrics and attainment against commitments.
What You'll Do:
- Attend sprint meetings, act as a scrum master or scrum-of-scrums leader - helping out where ever possible with the teams
- Manage technical projects -- projects not driven by features
- Conduct performance reviews
- Provide career-plans
- Participate in hiring (phone screens, onsite interviews)
- Stay abreast of team contributions - review PRs and Jira boards daily
- Cultivate a culture of sharing knowledge (Manage lunch-n-learns, encourage blog posts)
- Write and abide by the standard operating procedures
- Support weekly and bi-weekly KPI collection and analysis
- Support sprint close out -measuring commitments and metrics
What You'll Need:
- 10+ Years in a software development
- Engineering or computer science Degree
- MUST have been a software engineer, web application developer, was a senior software engineer, then was a technical lead, then became a manager
- Be a proponent of servant leadership
- Be able to find Risks and Issues as it relates to delivering against expectations
- Be able to Manage career growth -- have the engineers own their own growth while providing strong engineering growth plans
- Strong Communication Skills - Polished Written and Verbal Communication
- Proactive Problem-Solving
- Be Very humble
- Organizational Skills
- Prior startup experience
- Previous logistics or supply chain experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Eligibility
- Flexible Parental Leave
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited, flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Gym reimbursement program
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong! 🏓
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.