STORD is on a mission to empower modern shippers to move products more efficiently and effectively, at scale.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, STORD is the pioneer of Networked Distribution - a disruptive new logistics model that combines both software and services to transform how goods are moved across the globe. STORD connects a network of warehouses and distribution centers through a single software platform to provide increased visibility, control, and optimization across a company’s supply chain.
STORD has raised over $15M from leading investors such as Silicon Valley VC firm Kleiner Perkins (most known for investments in Google, Amazon, and Twitter), Susa Ventures, Dynamo, Rise of the Rest, and more. We’ve received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
About the UI Designer Position:
We are looking for a talented and creative UI/UX designer with 2+ years of experience in a startup environment crafting product designs to join our team and assist with UI/UX design and expansion.
STORD designers work alongside the CTO, engineering, marketing, operations, and product owners to continue to improve the usability and enjoyment of our software. You'll fully own design on products for several user groups and own on-going improvements of UI/UX for a product rapidly impacting the entire warehousing industry. You'll lead the charge on working cross-functionally to build out design systems, processes, and the design team. You will impact all aspects of the design process from research, ideation, design, prototyping, user-testing, and hand-off to engineering.
What You'll Do:
- Design key features and improvements in a cross-functional team, including user research, UX design, visual design, and prototyping
- Execute the vision for your product area alongside Product, Engineering, and Data Science leads to inform your team’s roadmap.
- Solicit direct and impactful feedback from your manager, stakeholders, other designers, and cross-discipline team; filtering and prioritizing various types of feedback on your own and with your immediate cross-discipline team
- Provide direct and impactful feedback to other designers on the team
What You'll Need:
- 2+ Years in a Product Design
- Passion for designing the highest-quality products that delight the user
- Deep Experience with Programs: Figma, Principle, Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience designing products and features for web and apps
- Experience balancing a thoughtful design process with tight deadlines
- Experience collaborating with people across multiple disciplines
- Experience providing thoughtful, direct, and clear design feedback
- Experience working across all aspects of design, leading a project from conception through completion
- Experience writing HTML/CSS/SCSS/JS a major plus
- In addition to UX skills, you have strong visual skills and understanding of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy
- Prior startup experience
- Previous logistics or supply chain experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Eligibility
- Flexible Parental Leave
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come back every day. We are creating an environment of continuous development through collaboration and diverse thinking by providing you with challenging work and talented colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited, flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Gym reimbursement program
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Consistent Engagement from Senior Leadership
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.