STORD is on a mission to empower modern shippers to move products more efficiently and effectively, at scale.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, STORD is the pioneer of Networked Distribution - a disruptive new logistics model that combines both software and services to transform how goods are moved across the globe. STORD connects a network of warehouses and distribution centers through a single software platform to provide increased visibility, control, and optimization across a company’s supply chain.
STORD has raised over $15M from leading investors such as Silicon Valley VC firm Kleiner Perkins (most known for investments in Google, Amazon, and Twitter), Susa Ventures, Dynamo, Rise of the Rest, and more. We’ve received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
About the Supplier Relations Manager Position:
As a result of our growth, STORD is looking to hire a Supplier Relations Manager for our Atlanta Midtown location.
This role will best fit an experienced procurement strategist with a significant background in contract negotiations looking to grow a community of suppliers in a fast-growing startup in the supply chain industry. This role requires an individual who thrives in client-facing roles. This team member would be a valued Supplier Relations partner and assist in supplier onboarding, negotiating pricing and contracts, and supplier procurement strategy. The right candidate for this position will thrive in a rapidly evolving, highly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment with a demonstrated passion for results through action.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the procurement effort and formal RFPs with a data-driven approach to find and build supplier capacity
- Maintain/improve relationships with existing vendor network to create a community of partners via increased volume, communication, and collaboration
- Recruit and develop new supplier relationships to support STORD’s rapidly growing sales opportunities and market expansion
- Negotiate capacity, rates, and service levels
- Maintain active engagement within our CRM to address sales leads and communicate procurement progress
- Collaborate with Sales and Operations teams to accommodate both prospect and vendor needs
- Foster continuous improvement through performance measurement of internal processes
- Organize and assist with quarterly business reviews with key supplier partners
- Ensure compliance within the vendor network
- Build automation to improve efficiency
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Relevant Discipline such as Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
- 3 to 5 Years in a Related Field, preferably Supply Chain or Logistics, with a procurement focus
- Proficiency in Excel and CRM systems
- Experience using data and KPIs to communicate progress and drive change
- Negotiation experience for short and long term contracts
- Enthusiasm for Relationship Building
- Strong Cross-Functional Collaboration Skills focused on relationships with Sales, Operations, and Data Science departments
- Ability to think strategically and innovate for the future
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication
- Highly Organized
- High Attention to Detail
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Eligibility
- Flexible Parental Leave
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come back every day. We are creating an environment of continuous development through collaboration and diverse thinking by providing you with challenging work and talented colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited, flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Gym reimbursement program
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Consistent Engagement from Senior Leadership
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.