STORD is on a mission to empower modern shippers to move products more efficiently and effectively, at scale.
A rapidly-growing startup, STORD has increased revenue over 10x over the past year and ships more than $350M in product monthly. Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, STORD is the pioneer of Networked Distribution - a disruptive new logistics model that combines both software and services to transform how goods are moved across the globe. STORD connects a network of warehouses and distribution centers through a single software platform to provide increased visibility, control, and optimization across a company’s supply chain.
STORD has raised over $15M from leading investors such as Silicon Valley VC firm Kleiner Perkins (most known for investments in Google, Amazon, and Twitter), Susa Ventures, Dynamo, Rise of the Rest, and more. We’ve received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
About the Data Architect Position:
We are looking for a talented Data Architect with 8+ years of experience to join our team and assist with product and data architecture expansion.
The Data Architect will work alongside the CTO, VP of Engineering, SRE team, engineering team, and data science team to provide the optimal data architecture for STORD products, business intelligence, and data science efforts.
She/He will be responsible for ensuring database reliability and performance by providing advice during design efforts, monitoring the databases for health and performance metrics to foresee risks and avoid issues, understanding the goal behind various efforts to synthesize the key data requirements, and validating their design through research.
The Data Architect will also work with the SRE engineers to ensure infrastructure reliability (99.99% availability), security, and maintainability using infrastructure-as-code practices. Additionally, he/she will educate the technology team on best practices in data storage design and query to enable the team to be self sufficient. At STORD, each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process from ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with our product engineering and data science team to identify pain points pertaining to their data needs, and proceed to design and implement data storage solutions through a process of research and iteration.
- Leverage cloud infrastructure solutions from Google Cloud Platform to ensure performance, availability, and consistency of data.
- Monitor key data system metrics to minimize risks related failures of the database (measured as a function of system availability of 99.99%) relating to durability, availability, and performance. Track historic metrics to allow for faster diagnosis of pending issues or retroactive analysis of production issues.
- Address availability risk by ensuring there’s a backup and recovery plan for key services and data systems. Exercise that plan twice a year for validity and practice.
- Establish an incident response system to alert the right team members on items needing their attention as it relates to the database
- Build, maintain, monitor data infrastructure that the production application and the analytics system rely on by leveraging infrastructure-as-code best practices.
- Own what you build as you design, test, and iterate through new features and capabilities to enable the product and data science teams to build out product and analytics microservices.
What You'll Need:
- Experience with architecting and managing
- Multi-tenant saas products
- Transactional databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgresSQL (preferred)
- Search databases and indexes (Elastic Search)
- Analytical databases and associated tooling (BigQuery, Hadoop, Hbase, Cassandra, Spark)
- Passion for building the highest-quality solutions that delight the customer (both internal and external customers).
- A history of proving data design choices by researching data workload requirements for consistency, availability needs and performance and demonstrating results through hands-on testing.
- The ability to develop ETL data pipelines to automate tasks, cleanse data, and orchestrate data systems creation and maintenance using infrastructure-as-code techniques
- The drive to solve problems in an analytical way
- Clear communication skills
- High ownership
- Previous startup experience
- Previous logistics or supply chain experience
- Experience with Cloud SQL (Postgres) and BigQuery on GCP
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Eligibility
- Flexible Parental Leave
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited, flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Gym reimbursement program
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong! 🏓
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.