Storable is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our engineering team. You will partner with product management and development engineers to deliver high-quality features for our customers. This is a key role in advancing Storable’s quality advocacy and testing strategies for our product components. This is a great spot for you if you have a passion for delivering high quality products on a user-focused platform.
All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Storable is a distributed-first company, but is currently only registered for employment in certain states. To be eligible for employment, you must reside in the following states: AL, AZ, CT, DE, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MI, MO, MS, NC, NE, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WY
What you'll do:
- Work in an Agile SDLC to deliver incremental customer and business value and advance the quality of our award winning products within a scrum team.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Development Engineers and Architects to clarify user stories, iron out ambiguities, drive test and validation strategies that guide the development and delivery of the product.
- Improve the quality of our products through advocacy, planning, automated and manual testing and helping to measure the effectiveness of our validation efforts.
- Communicate and coordinate improvements to quality across our squads.
- Participate in the Storable wide community to help continuously improve process and foster a culture of quality across the organization.
What you’ll bring:
- A passion for driving quality advocacy and test engineering principles to build exceptional products in an Agile scrum SDLC environment.
- 2+ years of hands-on, quality engineering experience in a fast-paced QE role working on client installed and/or SaaS products.
- The technical acumen and inquisitiveness to understand software applications and complex technical systems.
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise with BDD principles with modern test automation frameworks and tools,
- Experience in Gherkin, Cucumber, Cypress or similar frameworks.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD technologies, deployment integrations, and pipeline validation.
- Strong communication and mentoring experience and the ability to contribute innovative ideas & solutions.
- Expertise with automating tests for Restful APIs on a modern test automation framework
- Experience directly testing on React/Ruby applications
- Experience with Postgresql
At Storable, we believe storage operators should have one partner they can trust to help you get the results they need for their business. That’s why we’ve built the industry’s first fully integrated platform that offers facility management software, facility websites, marketing programs and services, payments, and deeply integrated tenant insurance capabilities all in one solution.
We leverage our platform in combination with our over 25 years of storage industry expertise to help our thousands of storage customers achieve their tenant experience and operational efficiency objectives every single day.
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, two-times base salary company-provided life insurance, emergency loans, legal coverage and more.
- Engage remotely! Since 2020, we’ve transitioned to a fully remote environment but that doesn’t mean we’re not connected. We continue to run regular contests, trivia games, and virtual happy hours!
- Instant-access and flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Do More, Be More – company rewards and recognition that add up and can be redeemed for personalized gifts and experiences! Storriors have been able to enroll in scuba certification classes, travel overseas, and redo their back patio among many other things.
- Company anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, adding children to a family, first-time home buyers and more are celebrated.
- We encourage you to get active in the community by joining one of our offsite volunteer and community service events and by using volunteer PTO time.
- Self-care matters, so we offer the opportunity to take a load-off and enjoy a mental health day outside of your normal PTO time.
- Fully-paid parental leave: 12 and 6 weeks for primary and secondary caregivers respectively.
- ’Paw’ternity Leave and Pet Bereavement - we understand that pets are a part of the family and have generous time-off policies, which honor that commitment.
- Caregiver Leave: four weeks of fully paid time away from work to take care of aging dependents or family members, if needed.
- Monthly home data stipend added directly to your paychecks to help cover the cost of home internet, plus a home office sign-on bonus of $250.
Don't check all the boxes? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job unless they meet every single qualification, especially in the tech industry. At Storable, we are devoted to strengthening and upholding a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your professional background doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply. Even if this role isn’t the right match, we would love to have your resume on file for future opportunities!
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.