Storable is looking for a Client Platform Engineer to provide distributed support of Windows and Mac systems and the cloud based SaaS platforms in use across our close to 500 employees spread across the globe. Being a distributed first organization, the skill set required for this position is unique to our operating motion. Gone are the days of running cable, managing local networking gear, and also supporting users face to face. A successful candidate must be passionate about automation, an effective communicator and mentor for their skillset, and driven to help develop a world-class IT organization. You will be joining a team of System Administrators whose primary focus is to enable the business to Do More in our remote environment!
What You’ll Do:
- Develop ways to further enable Storable’s success through endpoint automation
- Apply creative scripting solutions and deep platform knowledge to zero touch deployment, patch and configuration management, information security compliance, and identity and access management
- Champion a DevOps approach to developing and delivering solutions through collaborative source control, establishing robust API-driven CI/CD pipelines, maintaining a strong focus on improving the end user experience, and enhancing the quality of life of the ITOps team
- Continue progressing toward unified solutions and cloud migrations, with a preference for thinking beyond shrink-wrapped offerings and drawing upon advanced and emerging open source solutions
- Engage in a positive, supportive journey of development with three System Administrators
- Participate in technical projects in alignment with organizational goals, including large scale IT migrations related to numerous acquisitions
- Identify vulnerabilities, the need for upgrades, and opportunities for improvement
- Provide escalation guidance to the ITOps team to help them support the distribution of Windows and Mac systems across our close to 500 employees spread across the globe
- Configure and administer software / cloud-based systems / SaaS platforms such as:
- Microsoft Azure, Google Workspaces, AWS, GCP, Atlassian Products (Jira, Confluence, etc), SalesForce, Slack, Absolute, LastPass, Zoom, PureCloud, OpenVPN, Teamviewer, etc
- Improve the end-to-end process for On-boarding and Off-boarding for all Storable employees
- Ensuring that new hires come away from on-boarding with a 5 star impression of how well Storable values them being here
- Continually improve IT operations documentation regarding policies, procedures, and workflows
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years experience in an IT department at a scaling company and/or large scale enterprise
- 5+ years working with cross platform Windows/macOS deployment and administration
- Experience with implementing zero trust environments, MDM solutions such as Intune/AAD and Kandji, and managing the IT needs of a remote workforce
- Excellent scripting fluency in PowerShell and Bash
- MS-100, MS-101 preferred but demonstrated experience required, as well as deep knowledge of OMA-URI and the Registry, W32/MSI packaging, and an intimate understanding of Azure/EMS enrollment/registration/joining
- Experience with tools such as Chocolatey, munki, osquery, Chef/Puppet at scale
- Experience with strong cybersecurity requirements such as SASE, CASB, MDR/XDR
- An appreciation that endpoint automation and infrastructure orchestration principles are mutually beneficial and of utmost importance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent years of experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the organization to achieve organization-wide goals and initiatives
- History of solving real-world technology challenges including integrations of companies through M&A
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, cloud based systems management, with cloud based telephony systems experience a bonus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic, remote team environment as well as working independently is required
- Work outside of normal business hours, including nights and weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift 25+ lbs of IT equipment
At Storable, we believe storage operators should have one partner they can trust to help you get the results they need for their business. That’s why we’ve built the industry’s first fully integrated platform that offers facility management software, facility websites, marketing programs and services, payments, and deeply integrated tenant insurance capabilities all in one solution.
We leverage our platform in combination with our over 25 years of storage industry expertise to help our thousands of storage customers achieve their tenant experience and operational efficiency objectives every single day.
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, two-times base salary company-provided life insurance, emergency loans, legal coverage and more.
- Engage remotely! Since 2020, we’ve transitioned to a fully remote environment but that doesn’t mean we’re not connected. We continue to run regular contests, trivia games, and virtual happy hours!
- Instant-access and flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Do More, Be More – company rewards and recognition that add up and can be redeemed for personalized gifts and experiences! Storriors have been able to enroll in scuba certification classes, travel overseas, and redo their back patio among many other things.
- Company anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, adding children to a family, first-time home buyers and more are celebrated.
- We encourage you to get active in the community by joining one of our offsite volunteer and community service events and by using volunteer PTO time.
- Self-care matters, so we offer the opportunity to take a load-off and enjoy a mental health day outside of your normal PTO time.
- Fully-paid parental leave: 12 and 6 weeks for primary and secondary caregivers respectively.
- ’Paw’ternity Leave and Pet Bereavement - we understand that pets are a part of the family and have generous time-off policies, which honor that commitment.
- Caregiver Leave: four weeks of fully paid time away from work to take care of aging dependents or family members, if needed.
- Monthly home data stipend added directly to your paychecks to help cover the cost of home internet, plus a home office sign-on bonus of $250.
Don't check all the boxes? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job unless they meet every single qualification, especially in the tech industry. At Storable, we are devoted to strengthening and upholding a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your professional background doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply. Even if this role isn’t the right match, we would love to have your resume on file for future opportunities!
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.