Staff Software Engineer
Storable is looking for a Staff Software Engineer who is passionate about building high quality software and plays a crucial role in contributing towards architecture for our Payments platform.
How is this different from other software engineering jobs?
As the leading provider of technology solutions in the self-storage industry, we are creating innovative experiences for our customers that help them run better businesses than ever before. You should be passionate about building the right solutions and be comfortable working in an open-ended, dynamic environment where roles are flexible and communication is essential. This is a great opportunity for you to join a team that encourages innovation, creativity, teamwork, professional growth, and advancement.
- All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and you must reside in the following states: AL, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, MO, MS, NC, NJ, OK, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI, AZ, WA, OR, NV, MI
What you’ll be doing
- You will lead cross product discussions and drive alignment on technology strategy.
- You will partner with Enterprise/Solution Architects and stakeholders to ensure all technology solutions align with product, security, and architecture long term vision and roadmap.
- You will drive org-wide conversations around engineering principles and practices, suggesting improvements and ideas as needed.
- You will evaluate technical issues, recommend solutions, and guide team decision making.
- You will present new technology choices to technical and non-technical observers, and guide others to make well-defined technology choices.
- You embrace ambiguity and work towards bringing clarity to the roadmap in collaboration with the PM, EM, and other cross functional leads.
- You will define standard software engineering/architecture practices at an Organizational level.
- You must be a strong team leader. You enjoy mentoring and collaboration across engineering and product teams.
What you need to bring to the table
- Strong hands-on coding experience with 10+ years on .Net or related technologies.
- Willingness to adapt tech stack based on market needs.
- Experience in the payments industry or with payment processing.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of highly scalable enterprise service design, including monitoring, analytics, and entity CRUD use cases..
- Experience working in a modern frontend stack (JS, TypeScript, React).
- Experience with relational database schema design and migration strategies.
- Experience using public cloud (AWS), docker containers, Kubernetes, CI/CD.
- Exposure to micro service & asynchronous event-based architecture.
- Experience designing and maintaining globally distributed, large-scale systems.
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and parallelization techniques.
- Deep understanding of RESTful web service architecture, design, and implementation.
- Experience with cloud configuration and deployment technologies.
- Track record for effectively aligning large organizations on long-term technical visions and for leading teams of senior engineers to successfully execute a multi-quarter technical vision.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and/or direction.
- Experience with Agile software development and a passion for DevOps.
At Storable, we believe storage operators should have one partner they can trust to help you get the results they need for their business. That’s why we’ve built the industry’s first fully integrated platform that offers facility management software, facility websites, marketing programs and services, payments, and deeply integrated tenant insurance capabilities all in one solution.
We leverage our platform in combination with our over 25 years of storage industry expertise to help our thousands of storage customers achieve their tenant experience and operational efficiency objectives every single day.
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, two-times base salary company-provided life insurance, emergency loans, legal coverage and more.
- Engage remotely! Since 2020, we’ve transitioned to a fully remote environment but that doesn’t mean we’re not connected. We continue to run regular contests, trivia games, and virtual happy hours!
- Instant-access and flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Do More, Be More – company rewards and recognition that add up and can be redeemed for personalized gifts and experiences! Storriors have been able to enroll in scuba certification classes, travel overseas, and redo their back patio among many other things.
- Company anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, adding children to a family, first-time home buyers and more are celebrated.
- We encourage you to get active in the community by joining one of our offsite volunteer and community service events and by using volunteer PTO time.
- Self-care matters, so we offer the opportunity to take a load-off and enjoy a mental health day outside of your normal PTO time.
- Fully-paid parental leave: 12 and 6 weeks for primary and secondary caregivers respectively.
- ’Paw’ternity Leave and Pet Bereavement - we understand that pets are a part of the family and have generous time-off policies, which honor that commitment.
- Caregiver Leave: four weeks of fully paid time away from work to take care of aging dependents or family members, if needed.
- Monthly home data stipend added directly to your paychecks to help cover the cost of home internet, plus a home office sign-on bonus of $250.
Don't check all the boxes? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job unless they meet every single qualification, especially in the tech industry. At Storable, we are devoted to strengthening and upholding a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your professional background doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply. Even if this role isn’t the right match, we would love to have your resume on file for future opportunities!
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.