Business Analyst - Projects
Storable is looking for a Business Analyst to work within our Business Operations team to help drive large-scale, high-impact, company-wide initiatives. The core of this role is centered around independently, proactively, and expertly driving projects forward to meet Company goals. In this role you will develop business cases, research feasibility, gather and prioritize requirements, strategize project plans, manage a backlog, participate in soultioning, communicate deliverables, provide end-user guidance, and generally support Storable’s big-rock initiatives.
This role is geared towards highly driven professionals who enjoy managing projects and designing solutions within a highly collaborative environment.
What you will do every day:
- Drive projects to successful completion through ownership of outcomes, drilling into the ‘whys’ and the ‘whats’, tradeoff negotiations, knowledge of our systems, clever design, and good people skills.
- Work with company leaders to analyze project needs, build business cases around those needs, and align the Business Operations Team’s resources and roadmap to address those needs within the context of Storable’s strategic goals.
- Consistently execute a Project Playbook when projects are activated.
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of epics, user stories and tasks, and ready them for solutioning.
- Lead various project and solutioning meetings.
- Thoroughly investigate each requirement’s ‘whys’ and ‘whats’ so that technical teams have all the information they need to complete the ‘how’.
- Model and diagram current state and future state business processes.
- Configure basic Salesforce features and data.
- Work alongside technical teams to ensure that technical solutions match business requirements.
- Create and track QA scripts to facilitate pre-launch testing.
- Create knowledge for Storable through expert information-capture techniques, organize that knowledge, and communicate it effectively.
- Create training content including videos, standard operating procedures, slide decks, and live Q&As.
- Make prioritization decisions and communicate trade-off analysis to stakeholders to stay focused on delivering the most important value to the business at any given time.
What you need to bring to the table
- 4+ years of relevant experience as a Business Analyst, Project Manager, Program Manager, Product Owner, or Product Manager.
- An ability to coordinate, organize, and execute on objectives with minimal oversight.
- Expert understanding of the lead-to-cash deal lifecycle from a business and systems perspective, and a history of improving that lifecycle through large-scale projects.
- Expert proficiency in Excel. Experience using advanced Excel functions and visualization methods required.
- Strong proficiency in Salesforce including a technical understanding of objects, formula fields, picklists, flows, reporting, and dashboards.
- Strong proficiency in Agile project management frameworks such as Scrum, DSDM, Crystal, Lean, FDD, and/or XP.
- Strong analytical skills, specifically with Salesforce and database data sets, to investigate project requirements and build deliverables.
- A history of process improvement achievements involving integrations, automations, and analytics.
- A highly effective note-taking and organization strategy for capturing information for oneself and one’s team.
- Experience designing flows for an iPaaS such as Workato, Boomi, Jitterbit, or Zapier.
- Experience developing Tableau workbooks and dashboards.
- Experience using Jira and Confluence.
- Experience, comfort, and effectiveness presenting to senior and executive leaders.
- Comfort conducting prioritization and tradeoff conversations with stakeholders.
- Comfort leading several meetings a week amongst your peers and/or stakeholders.
- Flexibility and nimbleness - Storable is a fast-moving company, so our sales tactics, product offerings, and overall strategy might pivot. We’re looking for someone who is excited by rapid growth and eager to adapt our processes accordingly.
- Salesforce administration certification
- Agile, Scrum, or other project management certification
- SQL, Visual Basics for Applications, Python, and/or R experience
- Experience configuring automations in an iPaaS
At Storable, we believe storage operators should have one partner they can trust to help you get the results they need for their business. That’s why we’ve built the industry’s first fully integrated platform that offers facility management software, facility websites, marketing programs and services, payments, and deeply integrated tenant insurance capabilities all in one solution.
We leverage our platform in combination with our over 25 years of storage industry expertise to help our thousands of storage customers achieve their tenant experience and operational efficiency objectives every single day.
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, two-times base salary company-provided life insurance, emergency loans, legal coverage and more.
- Engage remotely! Since 2020, we’ve transitioned to a fully remote environment but that doesn’t mean we’re not connected. We continue to run regular contests, trivia games, and virtual happy hours!
- Instant-access and flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Do More, Be More – company rewards and recognition that add up and can be redeemed for personalized gifts and experiences! Storriors have been able to enroll in scuba certification classes, travel overseas, and redo their back patio among many other things.
- Company anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, adding children to a family, first-time home buyers and more are celebrated.
- We encourage you to get active in the community by joining one of our offsite volunteer and community service events and by using volunteer PTO time.
- Self-care matters, so we offer the opportunity to take a load-off and enjoy a mental health day outside of your normal PTO time.
- Fully-paid parental leave: 12 and 6 weeks for primary and secondary caregivers respectively.
- ’Paw’ternity Leave and Pet Bereavement - we understand that pets are a part of the family and have generous time-off policies, which honor that commitment.
- Caregiver Leave: four weeks of fully paid time away from work to take care of aging dependents or family members, if needed.
- Monthly home data stipend added directly to your paychecks to help cover the cost of home internet, plus a home office sign-on bonus of $250.
Don't check all the boxes? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job unless they meet every single qualification, especially in the tech industry. At Storable, we are devoted to strengthening and upholding a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your professional background doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply. Even if this role isn’t the right match, we would love to have your resume on file for future opportunities!
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.