Storable is seeking a talented Engineering Manager for our Easy Storage Solutions facility management software team. You will be responsible for growing and mentoring a team of engineers and be accountable for the team's overall performance through the next phase of Storable’s growth. Successful candidates will have outstanding analytic capabilities and a track record of delivering successful products as both a developer and lead. The ability to prioritize changing demands in addition to being process-focused in a fast-paced environment is a must. The successful candidate must be a passionate, transparent, and straightforward leader and communicator, energized by the idea of developing talent and a world-class engineering organization.
If people and technology are your passions, you’re the one we’re looking for.
- All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and you must reside in the following states: AL, AZ, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, MS, NC, NE, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI
What You Will Do Everyday
- Own and champion the development process: SDLC, coding standards, code-reviews, check-ins and builds, issue tracking, bug triage incident management. and testing
- Build and maintain a high performing software development team including hiring, training, and onboarding
- Identify opportunities to eliminate non-value add activities to enable our developers to do what they love best – developing! No pointless meetings, no unnecessary interruptions, no random changes of course, no new problems from on high dumped in their lap each month
- Identify growth opportunities for team members to continue to learn and develop in a supportive environment
- Provide an engaging and challenging landscape for career growth
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and motivation to the engineering team to sustain high levels of productivity and morale
- Collaborate with Product Management on product requirements
- Champion and advocate for the engineering team to the rest of the organization
- Create a positive culture of fairness, quality, and accountability while challenging the status quo and bringing new ideas to light
- Participate as a member of Storable’s Engineering Leadership team to build a high-performing organization across multiple locations.
What You Will Need To Bring To The Table
- 5+ years of software development experience, 5+ years of development leadership experience
- Demonstrated technical leadership and people management skills
- Experience with agile development processes
- Hands-on experience in driving/leading technical efforts in cloud-based applications
- Proven track record of driving quality within a team, with a commitment to automated testing
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively influence product at different levels of abstraction and communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent coding skills to provide guidance and craftsmanship for our engineers
- Experience in developing applications in Ruby on Rails, React, working with REST APIs, SQL databases such as PostgreSQL / MySQL, AWS or other cloud providers and understanding of cloud native systems design
- Technical acumen to provide solid judgment in situations so you can provide the optimal short term decisions without sacrificing long term technology goals
- Demonstrated critical analysis skills to provide continuous improvement of technology, process, and productivity
At Storable, we believe storage operators should have one partner they can trust to help you get the results they need for their business. That’s why we’ve built the industry’s first fully integrated platform that offers facility management software, facility websites, marketing programs and services, payments, and deeply integrated tenant insurance capabilities all in one solution.
We leverage our platform in combination with our over 25 years of storage industry expertise to help our thousands of storage customers achieve their tenant experience and operational efficiency objectives every single day.
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, two-times base salary company-provided life insurance, emergency loans, legal coverage and more.
- Engage remotely! Since 2020, we’ve transitioned to a fully remote environment but that doesn’t mean we’re not connected. We continue to run regular contests, trivia games, and virtual happy hours!
- Instant-access and flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Do More, Be More – company rewards and recognition that add up and can be redeemed for personalized gifts and experiences! Storriors have been able to enroll in scuba certification classes, travel overseas, and redo their back patio among many other things.
- Company anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, adding children to a family, first-time home buyers and more are celebrated.
- We encourage you to get active in the community by joining one of our offsite volunteer and community service events and by using volunteer PTO time.
- Self-care matters, so we offer the opportunity to take a load-off and enjoy a mental health day outside of your normal PTO time.
- Fully-paid parental leave: 12 and 6 weeks for primary and secondary caregivers respectively.
- ’Paw’ternity Leave and Pet Bereavement - we understand that pets are a part of the family and have generous time-off policies, which honor that commitment.
- Caregiver Leave: four weeks of fully paid time away from work to take care of aging dependents or family members, if needed.
- Monthly home data stipend added directly to your paychecks to help cover the cost of home internet, plus a home office sign-on bonus of $250.
Don't check all the boxes? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job unless they meet every single qualification, especially in the tech industry. At Storable, we are devoted to strengthening and upholding a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your professional background doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply. Even if this role isn’t the right match, we would love to have your resume on file for future opportunities!
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.