Senior Software Engineer
Storable is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join it’s Marketplace organization! As an engineer for Marketplace, you will be responsible for designing and developing our highly trafficked self-storage websites, as well as internal web-based applications. You will be a key decision-maker in the technical direction Marketplace takes it’s products, and you’ll be considered a leader within the team. You will be joining an experienced engineering team to help come up with innovative solutions that will help self-storage operators, big and small, market their business and stand out in a competitive industry, as well helping consumers find the best deals possible to fit their self-storage needs.
- All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and you must reside in the following states: AL, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, MO, MS, NC, NJ, OK, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI, AZ, CA, NV, WA, OR
Storable Marketplace is the leading online marketplace for the self-storage industry. The Marketplace network includes more than 30,000 facilities and offers consumers the ability to find, compare and reserve self-storage units within their area. Marketplace provides a suite of industry-leading web marketing tools for self-storage operators and has been chosen as a preferred partner by more major online brands than any other self-storage company. We also work closely with our facility management software partners (such as SiteLink and storEdge) to provide smooth move-in experiences for operators and customers alike.
What you’ll do every day:
- Aid in the designing and development of consumer-facing websites, operator and support tooling, as well as the RESTful/SOAP APIs that power them
- Mentor new and developing engineers on the team
- Driving the technical direction of our products to help us create business value in new ways
- Collaborate with other software engineers, product, and design associates on the team to create the best experience possible for our users
- Continually monitor system stability and performance and suggest improvements where necessary
- Enhance our practices and procedures to reduce redundancies, streamline development, and make the team more efficient
- Create unit and integration tests to validate the development work automatically
- Share your knowledge with the rest of the engineering team to help grow and mentor the team
What you need to bring to the table:
- Must haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field or work experience equivalent
- 5+ years experience developing web applications
- Consistent track record of being a leader and key contributor on multiple projects.
- Experience with Agile software development
- Strong grasp of creating applications utilizing PHP, preferably using Symfony
- Experience with automated testing for application services
- Experience developing and designing REST and/or SOAP APIs
- Good understanding of containerized applications (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with a relational database and writing queries, preferably MySQL
- Passion for mentoring engineers to produce elegant, maintainable code
- Ability to interface with business stakeholders and engineers
- Understanding and application of software design patterns
- Nice to haves:
- Experience with AWS (certification, work experience, etc.)
- Experience utilizing at least one front-end web framework, preferably React
- Experience utilizing data caches (such as Redis)
Other information on our stack:
- Multiple front-end sites are written in React
- Microservices architecture exposing REST APIs deployed using Docker on AWS
- Backend services are written in Node.js and PHP
- Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, Lambdas, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, Redshift
At Storable, we believe storage operators should have one partner they can trust to help you get the results they need for their business. That’s why we’ve built the industry’s first fully integrated platform that offers facility management software, facility websites, marketing programs and services, payments, and deeply integrated tenant insurance capabilities all in one solution.
We leverage our platform in combination with our over 25 years of storage industry expertise to help our thousands of storage customers achieve their tenant experience and operational efficiency objectives every single day
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, two-times base salary company-provided life insurance, emergency loans, legal coverage and more.
- Engage remotely! Since 2020, we’ve transitioned to a fully distributed environment but that doesn’t mean we’re not connected. We continue to run regular contests, trivia games and remote happy hours!
- Instant-access and flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Do More, Be More – Company rewards and recognition that add up and can be redeemed for personalized gifts and experiences! We’ve had Storriors buy themselves a Peloton, travel to Mexico and redo their back patio among other things.
- Company anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, adding children to a family, first-time home buyers and more are celebrated.
- We encourage you to get active in the community by joining one of our offsite volunteer and community service events and by using volunteer PTO time.
- Self-care matters, so we offer the opportunity to take a load-off and enjoy a mental health day outside of your normal PTO time.
- Fully-paid parental leave: 12 and 6 weeks for primary and secondary caregivers respectively.
- ’Paw’ternity Leave and Pet Bereavement - we understand that pets are a part of the family and have generous time-off policies, which honor that commitment.
- Caregiver Leave: four weeks of fully paid time away from work to take care of aging dependents or family members, if needed.
- Monthly home data stipend added directly to your paychecks to help cover the cost of home internet, plus a new hire home office sign-on bonus of $250.
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.