Storable is looking for a Security Architect who has deep and broad experience in enterprise security and a solid understanding of how a fast-growing enterprise can accelerate its speed of growth, while maintaining a secure posture.
The Security Architect will work in close partnership with Product, Engineering and other functions to ensure security is embedded into everything we build. We value continuous delivery and automation of security controls, and aim to embed security into all practices.
- Take a lead role in our architecture process to conduct complete security lifecycle architecture and technical assessments, including but not limited to design requirements assessment, threat modeling, and risk assessment
- Partner with Product & Engineering teams to identify cyber attack risks in the system and define tactical and strategic mitigation plans. Including but not limited to, vulnerability mitigation, Disaster Recovery improvements, and security platform adoption
- Build and champion a standardized set of security requirements and design patterns for internal systems and product offerings through use of a lightweight governance process that promotes autonomy
- Maintain SLA's by watching for new vulnerabilities, monitoring existing vulnerabilities, working on false-positives and detection logic changes
- Monitor current and proposed laws, regulations, industry standards and ethical requirements related to privacy and information security.
- Drive Security QBR in partnership with Product & Engineering
- Represent the company within the security community and with customers on topics related to the security of the company's products and services.
- Guide SecOps Platform engineers on product roadmaps for building reusable Security components into CI/CD pipelines (GitLab)
- Consult with other Security experts in our organization to develop relevant policies and process, as well as training and onboarding materials for all employees
- Participate in external audits and guide blackbox testing efforts
- Promptly respond to security incidents for mitigation and triage. Hold blameless postmortems for incidents to enable learning across the organization
- 5+ years in a senior security leadership role
- 10+ years experience working in a security focused role in the technology or other technology heavy industry (e.g. Financial Services)
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Consistent track record designing and integrating security controls in cloud-based architectures. Significant experience conducting threat modeling and risk assessments of cloud services, demonstrating clear ability to identify unique vulnerabilities
- Expert level knowledge at all layers of the information security stack with hands-on security engineering experience on AWS, GCP, TFE, Azure, Kubernetes, etc.
- Prior experience working with engineering teams on design and implementation of best-practices for security as code
- Have the mindset of "First-Time-Right" and "Secure-By-Default"
- Working knowledge of the MITRE ATT&CK, NIST CSF, and CIS Critical Control frameworks
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) certifications preferred
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field
At Storable, we believe storage operators should have one partner they can trust to help you get the results they need for their business. That’s why we’ve built the industry’s first fully integrated platform that offers facility management software, facility websites, marketing programs and services, payments, and deeply integrated tenant insurance capabilities all in one solution.
We leverage our platform in combination with our over 25 years of storage industry expertise to help our thousands of storage customers achieve their tenant experience and operational efficiency objectives every single day.
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, two-times base salary company-provided life insurance, emergency loans, legal coverage and more.
- Engage remotely! Since 2020, we’ve transitioned to a fully remote environment but that doesn’t mean we’re not connected. We continue to run regular contests, trivia games, and virtual happy hours!
- Instant-access and flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Do More, Be More – company rewards and recognition that add up and can be redeemed for personalized gifts and experiences! Storriors have been able to enroll in scuba certification classes, travel overseas, and redo their back patio among many other things.
- Company anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, adding children to a family, first-time home buyers and more are celebrated.
- We encourage you to get active in the community by joining one of our offsite volunteer and community service events and by using volunteer PTO time.
- Self-care matters, so we offer the opportunity to take a load-off and enjoy a mental health day outside of your normal PTO time.
- Fully-paid parental leave: 12 and 6 weeks for primary and secondary caregivers respectively.
- ’Paw’ternity Leave and Pet Bereavement - we understand that pets are a part of the family and have generous time-off policies, which honor that commitment.
- Caregiver Leave: four weeks of fully paid time away from work to take care of aging dependents or family members, if needed.
- Monthly home data stipend added directly to your paychecks to help cover the cost of home internet, plus a home office sign-on bonus of $250.
Don't check all the boxes? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job unless they meet every single qualification, especially in the tech industry. At Storable, we are devoted to strengthening and upholding a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your professional background doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply. Even if this role isn’t the right match, we would love to have your resume on file for future opportunities!
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.