Storable is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer with experience developing in .NET C# to join our talented and growing engineering team. Top candidates are seasoned .NET (C# and VB) developers who desire a results-driven, collaborative, and fast-paced environment, and those who have a high focus on producing robust, functional and intuitive software.
How is this different from other software engineering jobs?
As the leading provider of technology solutions in the self-storage space, we are creating innovative experiences in an industry where that has not existed before. You should be passionate about building the right solutions right and be comfortable working in an open-ended dynamic environment where roles are flexible and communication is essential. This is a great opportunity for you to join a growing team that encourages creativity, teamwork, professional growth and advancement.
- All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and you must reside in the following states:AL, AZ, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MI, MO, MS, NC, NE, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WY
- Applicants with an existing sponsored H1B visa are eligible to apply to this position.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Contribute to enhancements and fixes on a Winforms desktop application
- Continually move quality to the left
- Enhance design policies, processes, procedures, methods, tests
- Build/improve continuous integrations/ continuous development, and continuous deployment pipeline (CI/CD pipeline)
- Communicate and coordinate effectively within the squad, across our technology team, and with our business partners to deliver on top priorities
- Actively participate as a member of an agile team in a Scrum environment
- Encourage best practices demonstrating how to create effective designs and write maintainable, reusable code
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Monitor everyday activities of system and provide required support
What You Need To Bring To The Table
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related degree program or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of design/development experience with .NET C#/VB, ASP.NET, Windows Forms and SQL.
- Solid understanding of best software engineering practices for the full development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code review, source control, build, test, deploy, and operations
- Strong SQL skills preferably in MS SQL
- Experience developing desktop applications
- Passion for mentoring engineer peers to produce elegant & maintainable technology deliverables
- Consistent track record of leading successful delivery for large-scale projects
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills showing ability to interface with business stakeholders and engineers
- Strong history of implementing testing methodologies to move quality to the left
- Acute sense of ownership and the resolve to dig deeper into product and technical issues
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, and responsible team player
- A self starter with the ability, passion, creativity, and confidence to independently solve problems and produce results
Nice to Haves:
- Experience participating in Agile practices such as Test-Driven Development (TDD), Refactoring, and design principles like SOLID, etc.
- BDD (behaviour driven development)
- AWS certification
- Experience with infrastructure cloud tools such as Terraform, Docker, etc.
At Storable, we believe storage operators should have one partner they can trust to help you get the results they need for their business. That’s why we’ve built the industry’s first fully integrated platform that offers facility management software, facility websites, marketing programs and services, payments, and deeply integrated tenant insurance capabilities all in one solution.
We leverage our platform in combination with our over 25 years of storage industry expertise to help our thousands of storage customers achieve their tenant experience and operational efficiency objectives every single day.
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, two-times base salary company-provided life insurance, emergency loans, legal coverage and more.
- Engage remotely! Since 2020, we’ve transitioned to a fully remote environment but that doesn’t mean we’re not connected. We continue to run regular contests, trivia games, and virtual happy hours!
- Instant-access and flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Do More, Be More – company rewards and recognition that add up and can be redeemed for personalized gifts and experiences! Storriors have been able to enroll in scuba certification classes, travel overseas, and redo their back patio among many other things.
- Company anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, adding children to a family, first-time home buyers and more are celebrated.
- We encourage you to get active in the community by joining one of our offsite volunteer and community service events and by using volunteer PTO time.
- Self-care matters, so we offer the opportunity to take a load-off and enjoy a mental health day outside of your normal PTO time.
- Fully-paid parental leave: 12 and 6 weeks for primary and secondary caregivers respectively.
- ’Paw’ternity Leave and Pet Bereavement - we understand that pets are a part of the family and have generous time-off policies, which honor that commitment.
- Caregiver Leave: four weeks of fully paid time away from work to take care of aging dependents or family members, if needed.
- Monthly home data stipend added directly to your paychecks to help cover the cost of home internet, plus a home office sign-on bonus of $250.
Don't check all the boxes? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job unless they meet every single qualification, especially in the tech industry. At Storable, we are devoted to strengthening and upholding a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your professional background doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply. Even if this role isn’t the right match, we would love to have your resume on file for future opportunities!
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.