We're a team of experienced tech builders and e-commerce brand operators working to build a software platform for e-commerce brands. Our flagship product, Stoke, empowers brands to connect the disparate data sources required to run their business in one place and provides decision analytics around the core functions of an e-commerce brand, like Marketing, Supply Chain, and Finance.
We are looking for our first product marketing hire for Stoke to help us build the foundation for marketing. The ideal candidate will be strong at product marketing and have experience with marketing products with a PLG motion. This role will help us build our marketing strategy, starting with the foundations of product marketing like identifying our ICP, positioning, and messaging. We are looking for someone with an experimental mindset who can help us figure out what will work for Stoke. We are in our infancy, so an ideal candidate will thrive in ambiguity.
- Marketing strategy: Set goals, plan, and prioritize across all areas of marketing.
- Execute marketing plans: Do the work to support the team and our goals.
- Cross-functional leader: Collaborate on strategy across the company, be the voice of the customer, provide the marketing perspective in company and product strategy conversations, and serve as the liaison between product and GTM functions.
- Ability to build out the marketing function: We do not have all of our tools, processes, and workflows built out yet. You will need to help build this out, figure out what works, and test and scale.
- Product Marketing: Gain a deep understanding of our audience (which are very small ecommerce businesses and solopreneurs), develop our positioning and messaging, and communicate about the product and its benefits to our audience.
- Growth Marketing: Launch, track, and optimize programs/campaigns across multiple channels to move prospects and customers down the funnel.
- Content Marketing: Own the content calendar and tell the story of our brand and company in order to engage prospects, customers, candidates, and partners.
- Comms: Maintain relationships and communicate with press/media about the company, product, team, and brand.
- Brand: Collaborate on the company story and vision with the founding team and make sure our communications add value to our audience and maintain a high quality bar.
- Partnerships & Customer Marketing: Develop relationships with partners and customers that help us achieve goals
- KPIs: Manage the marketing budget, ensure we are operating efficiently, and meeting metrics goals.
- 6+ years of experience in marketing, including at early stage SaaS companies with a self-serve/ freemium business model.
- Experience hiring marketers and managing them effectively.
- Breadth in all areas of marketing, depth in product marketing and at least one other- corporate or content marketing, growth marketing
- High quality bar. You've developed marketing strategies and tactics that put the customer first and hit revenue goals at the same time.
- Scrappiness and experimentation mindset. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves, since we are still an early stage company.
- You know how to balance short-term goals and long-term goals.
- You have recommendations for tools, contractors, etc to build out the foundation of a marketing team that can scale effectively.
- Motivated by our story at Stoke.