Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Why you’ll love this role
This is a very exciting role for someone who wishes to experience and explore all aspects of accounting for a US subsidiary. As our Senior Accountant, you will join our London based Accounting team, and get the chance to help shape our European accounting operations.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will support StockX’s overall objectives by providing timely and accurate financial results and performing critical tasks needed for the day to day activities and monthly close. You will be responsible for assisting in developing processes and procedures to ensure all general ledger activity is maintained in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). In addition, the Senior Accountant will support the Accounting Manager in the day-to-day financial and accounting function. You will also be involved in a number of ad hoc projects to support our growing business.
What you’ll do
- Prepare accounting entries and balance sheet reconciliations for all areas of the income statement and balance sheet
- Responsible for month, quarter, and year-end close related activities including trend analysis, preparation of flux analysis and ad hoc analysis, various month-end reports and reconciliations
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and cash flow forecasting
- Maintenance of the fixed asset sub-ledgers
- AP related tasks such as invoice and expense processing
- Assist in the preparation of financial information for external audits
- Assist with internal controls implementation and compliance
- Proactive in identifying process inefficiencies and offering suggestions for improvements
- ACA/CA/ACCA qualified
- 2-5 years’ relevant accounting experience, including a minimum of 2 years’ experience in audit or multinational environment
- Able to meet deadlines with excellent attention to detail
- Highly proficient in MS Excel
- Independent problem-solver with the ability to adapt as the business grows
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team with changing priorities
Nice to have skills
- Working knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS and SOX
- Multi country, multi-currency experience
- Skilled with enterprise accounting software (Workday, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP)
- Great influencing and relationship building skills
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.