Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Why you’ll love this role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be empowered to take ownership of technology decisions and solutions while playing a pivotal role in establishing a successful engineering culture at a fast-growing company. This is a great opportunity to leverage your existing skills, to be part of a world-class team and to have a huge impact on how marketplaces can be redefined. Our web technical stack comprises various systems and services built on Amazon Web Services. We use JS frameworks like React, NextJS, NodeJS, NestJS, while interacting with our backend using GraphQL, REST. Our infrastructure uses CircleCI, Kubernetes, Harness, Terraform, LaunchDarkly, Segment and Datadog.We are looking for a motivated, highly enthusiastic, technical backend engineer to join CS Engineering teams. This team is responsible for building the most critical, high impact and scalable platform to support our customers and our CS agents to handle all the customer interactions. Our engineers are empowered to take ownership of technology decisions and solutions while playing a pivotal role in establishing a successful engineering culture at our fast- growing company.
What you’ll do
● Collaborate with product owners, internal stakeholders, program managers and engineering managers to crystallize ambiguous requirements and propose resilient technical solutions which scale to future business needs
● Efficiently break down complex system designs and guide the junior team members in detailed component design. Assist the team to implementing, deploying and monitoring systems and services
● Propose and adopt best engineering practices and guide development standards
● Foster a growth mindset culture. Be a team player. Contribute to and follow team processes for better sprint outcomes
● Apply considerations around security, scalability, reliability, and performance while proposing and building solutions
● Developing our core architecture, setting up tooling and automation, adopting new best practices and helping review pull requests.
● Use sound technical judgment to consider technology alternatives, impact on affected and adjacent systems, and design choice tradeoffs
● Demonstrate complete ownership of services for your area of work. Participate in supporting your systems and services through any system upgrades, live site issues and
● Provide timely communication to stakeholders and users for resolving issues
● 5-10 years of relevant development experience
● Familiarity with libraries and frameworks such as jQuery, Bootstrap, React, Redux, and a strong willingness to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies.
● Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills, with the ability to express your opinions confidently.
● Good understanding of design patterns like MVC and MVVM
● Strong professional experience and understanding of web development best practices, including performance optimization, internationalization, and localization
● Experience working with AWS or other cloud providers (e.g. Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
● Experience working with UI testing framework, integrated with CI/CD pipeline
● Take responsibility for the performance and uptime of the services owned by the team by collecting metrics, participating in on-call rotations, monitoring production systems, debugging issues as they come up, and responding with a sense of urgency.
Nice to have skills
● Experience with working in an Agile environment
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
● Knowledge of GraphQL and REST Frameworks
● Exposure to Ci/CD frameworks and tools/technologies like Github, K8s, Harness
● Familiarity with A/B testing tools like LaunchDarkly.
● Knowledge of Analytics tool like Google Analytics, Segment
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.