Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Why you'll love this role
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next-generation e-commerce platform for the next generation of customers. We create world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most-coveted products and unlock economic opportunities by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting-edge technologies that handle massive scales globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. Join us if you’re a curious engineer who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things!
We are looking for a motivated, highly enthusiastic Engineer to join our agile Supply Chain team. This stack comprises our systems and services to enable a better customer delivery experience and provide an efficient supply chain. We build resilient, distributed applications which scale seamlessly with our business growth. Our engineers are empowered to take ownership of technology decisions and solutions while playing a pivotal role in establishing a thriving engineering culture at our fast-growing company.
Our technical stack comprises various systems and services built on Amazon Web Services. We use GraphQL, React, GoLang, NodeJS, CircleCI, Kubernetes, Kafka, DynamoDB, and Aurora DB.
What you'll do
- Help the team to implement, deploy and monitor systems and services.
- Propose and adopt best engineering practices and guide development standards.
- Foster a growth mindset culture. Be a team player. Contribute to and follow team processes for better sprint outcomes.
- Apply security, scalability, reliability, and performance considerations while proposing and building solutions.
- Use sound technical judgment to consider technology alternatives, impact on affected and adjacent systems, and design choice tradeoffs.
- Demonstrate complete ownership of services for your area of work. Participate in supporting your systems and services through upgrades, live site issues, and others. Work with vendors where needed to bring clarity on technically ambiguous integration points.
- Provide timely communication to stakeholders and users to resolve issues.
- Minimum two years of relevant experience.
- Experience with data storage, relational (particularly Postgres) and non-relational (particularly Redis and DynamoDB)
- Experience in service-oriented and microservice architectures
- Experience with event-based architectures and an understanding of how to successfully use them with Kafka, SNS, SQS, or other related services
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud providers (e.g., Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- You have built highly resilient and scalable REST-based services
- You are product-focused and collaborate to find the best possible solutions
- Hands-on experience with testing strategies, automation, and CICD pipelines.
Nice to have skills:
- Experience in a 24×7 high-availability production environment
- Infrastructure automation through Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Packer, or similar
- Aptitude to be a good team player and the desire to learn and implement new Cloud technologies as needed
- Working experience with Kubernetes
- Full-stack will be a plus
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the various pay transparency laws/acts, the base salary range is $120,000 to $145,000 plus opportunities for benefits (e.g., medical, dental), equity and discretionary bonuses. Compensation is dependent on geography and may vary.
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.