Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Why You’ll Love This Role
As an Assistant Accounting Manager, you will be an integral member of an exciting and awesome accounting team within a hyper-growth company as we continue to expand our services globally. You will support the Controller of APAC in working through the challenges each day and be involved in a number of ad hoc projects to support our growing business. If you enjoy working in a start-up culture, where ambiguity inspires your creativity, StockX, may be the place for you.
What You Will Do
- Manage the monthly close process including preparing and reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations (payroll, accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, tax, corporate credit cards, cash, and the procure-to-pay process) for selected APAC entities.
- Responsible for month, quarter, and year-end close related activities including trend analysis, preparation of flux analysis and ad hoc analysis, various month-end reports and reconciliations.
- Coordinate and liaise with internal parties to support intercompany activities.
- Prepare Cashflow Forecast Work closely with Treasury to maximise cash flow and working capital.
- Liaise with external auditors, tax agents, bankers and other professionals.
- Support and ensure compliance with all statutory finance and tax filing requirements.
- Assist in on-going projects of ERP system.
- Proactive in identifying process inefficiencies and offer suggestions for improvements.
- Collaborate with other departments and headquarters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Extensive experience in maintaining full set of accounts and Big 4 public accounting experience.
- Good knowledge of IFRS.
- Well-versed in MS Office with advanced MS Excel and good PowerPoint skills.
Nice To Have Skills
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and SOX.
- Proficiency with enterprise accounting software, preferably with exposure to Workday Financials.
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, growth oriented environment.
- Able to learn and adapt to new process flows and software technologies quickly.
- Japanese or Korean language abilities
Location: Hong Kong/Remote work
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. StockX reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.