Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Why you’ll love this role
As Engineering Manager, you will be empowered to take ownership of technology decisions and solutions while playing a pivotal role in establishing a successful engineering culture at a fast-growing company.
This is a great opportunity to leverage your existing skills, to be part of a world-class team and to have a huge impact on how marketplaces can be redefined.
Our technical stack comprises various systems and services built on Amazon Web Services. We use GraphQL, GoLang, NodeJS, CircleCI, Kubernetes, Harness, Terraform, LaunchDarkly and Datadog.
The technology scope includes all stacks and services (APIs and event processing systems) responsible for providing a seamless experience for our customers.
We are looking for a motivated, highly enthusiastic, to join one of Payments, Pricing, Fraud detection, CS teams. Each team is responsible for building the most critical, high impact and scalable platform. Our engineers are empowered to take ownership of technology decisions and solutions while playing a pivotal role in establishing a successful engineering culture at our fast-growing company.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with engineers & managers alike in a geographically distributed organization.
- Develop strong relationships with people in the organization, collaborating and building trust.
- See the big picture and identify strategically important problems, inefficiencies or opportunities for meaningful improvements.
- Create a tech roadmap and drive alignment on how to tackle these and deliver high leverage solutions on these at the group and organization level.
- Be a role model on acting with good judgement and responsibility. Engineers across the organization will look to you on how best to plan and execute on projects.
- Raise the bar on sustainable engineering by improving best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing and monitoring.
- Be a humble mentor and trusted advisor for both our talented team members and passionate leaders alike.
- Deal with a difference in opinions in a mature and fair way, helping teams to commit and move forward.
- Provide technical leadership & mentoring in designing & rollout of software components and solutions that serve various organizations at StockX
- Build for the next level of scale
- Minimum of 10 years of industry experience.
- At least 3 years of people management experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in working with geographically distributed teams.
- Must be hands-on currently for software design and development.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skill.
- Ability to thrive in an environment which is still evolving as a fast moving startup. Also an opportunity to define the processes and thrive in ambiguity.
- Attitude of “roll-up your sleeves and get it done”.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience of data storage eco systems. Relational databases, No-SQL databases and Caching systems.
- Exceptional skill in solving complex problems by use of right data structure and algorithms.
- Hands-on experience in using design patterns to solve complex software design/architecture problems.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience in microservice architectures and event driven architecture. You have built highly resilient, scalable REST-based services.
- In-depth understanding and hands on experience in building highly scalable and fault tolerant distributed systems.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience with message queues, pub-sub systems and event streams.
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud provider tech stack.
Nice to have skills
- Experience with working in an Agile environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Knowledge of GraphQL and REST Frameworks
- Exposure to Ci/CD frameworks and tools/technologies like Github, K8s, Harness
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.