Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Why you’ll love this role
As a Software Engineer, you will be empowered to take ownership of technology decisions and solutions while playing a pivotal role in establishing a successful engineering culture at a fast-growing company.
This is a great opportunity to leverage your existing skills, to build a world-class team and to have a huge impact on how marketplaces can be redefined.
Our technical stack comprises various systems and services built on Amazon Web Services. We use GraphQL, GoLang, NodeJS, CircleCI, Kubernetes, Harness, Terraform, LaunchDarkly and Datadog.
The technology scope includes all stacks and services (APIs and event processing systems) responsible for providing a seamless experience for our customers.
We are looking for a motivated, highly enthusiastic, technical backend engineer to join our Checkout Team. This team is responsible for building the most critical, high impact and scalable checkout platform. Our engineers are empowered to take ownership of technology decisions and solutions while playing a pivotal role in establishing a successful engineering culture at our fast-growing company.
What you’ll do
- Work with product owners, internal stakeholders, program managers and engineering managers to crystallize ambiguous requirements and propose resilient technical solutions which scale to future business needs
- Work with engineers in the team to take these proposed solutions and architect and design them
- Efficiently break up large system designs and guide the junior team members in detailed component design. Help the team to implement, deploy and monitor systems and services
- Propose and adopt best engineering practices and guide development standards
- Foster a growth mindset culture. Be a team player. Contribute to and follow team processes for better sprint outcomes
- Apply considerations around security, scalability, reliability, and performance while proposing and building solutions
- Use sound technical judgment to consider technology alternatives, impact on affected and adjacent systems, and design choice tradeoffs
- Demonstrate complete ownership of services for your area of work. Participate in supporting your systems and services through any system upgrades, live site issues and others
- Provide timely communication to stakeholders and users for resolving issues
- 3-5 years of relevant development experience
- Experience with distributed architecture. Proficiency in one or more back-end languages used by the team (NodeJS, GoLang) or equivalent experience in another language and a willingness to learn and get up to speed quickly.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills. Ability to say No
- Experience with data storage technologies, both relational and NoSQL
- Experience with event-based architecture and with related technologies like kafka, SNS, SQS etc.
- Experience with cloud platforms - Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
Nice to have skills
- Experience with working in an Agile environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Knowledge of GraphQL and REST Frameworks
- Exposure to Ci/CD frameworks and tools/technologies like Github, K8s, Harness
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.