Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
About the team
The Finance & Accounting team at StockX brings together expertise from some of the world’s top marketplace companies. The team is composed of finance, revenue, accounting, tax, treasury, and payroll professionals committed to making StockX a phenomenal place to work, grow and learn. The team operates in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. We are working to put into place the right systems and processes to scale as StockX grows. We work cross-functionally across the business and teams to build a strong sense of trust and partnership, improve processes and align with the multifaceted needs of StockX. From FP&A and Payroll to Revenue, and Accounts Payable, the Finance & Accounting team is core to our business and spans around the globe from Detroit and the San Francisco Bay Area, to London and Singapore and many places in between.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Manager with expertise in international indirect taxes to join our growing Finance team at StockX. In this role, you will be responsible for indirect tax compliance and audit for jurisdictions across Europe and Asia Pacific. You will also work directly with internal business partners to advise on the indirect tax implications of new product initiatives and programs. This role reports to the VP of Global Tax.
The Tax team collaborates with stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure the financial health of the StockX through accurate and timely tax filings, advising on business decisions, and maintaining compliance with federal, state, and international laws and regulations. In this critical role, you will join a group of strategic, detailed-oriented thinkers that thrive in StockX’s fast-paced, high-growth environment while working cross-functionally with our accounting, finance, legal, operations, marketing and product and engineering teams.
What you'll do
- Research advanced international indirect tax issues.
- Assist with implementation of indirect tax strategies and projects.
- Build relationships with team members across StockX to ensure the Tax team is effectively partnering with various internal teams.
- Partner with business leaders and work cross functionally with finance, treasury, legal, and external advisors to provide VAT advice and guidance.
- Provide regular and insightful communications to management regarding the evolving indirect tax and digital tax landscape and impacts to the business.
- Responsible for coordinating the preparation of and reviewing all monthly and quarterly indirect tax filings for the European and Asia Pacific regions leveraging the assistance of outside counsel.
- 10+ years of relevant tax experience in a corporate environment, public accounting firm or major law firm.
- Strong tax technical writing and research skills.
- A degree in law or accounting (CPA, Chartered Tax Advisor or equivalent), graduate degree in taxation strongly preferred.
- Strong and effective communications skills, including the ability to synthesize complex tax issues and be able to communicate them clearly and succinctly to all levels.
- Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects and possesses excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated and thrives in a fast paced and often ambiguous environment.
Location: London Soho, Hybrid 2 days London Soho based, 3 days remote.
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.