Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Technology @ StockX:
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most-coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
We're looking for Senior Software Engineers to join the Discover, Research & Catalog team.
The Discover, Research and Catalog (DRC) team builds and iterates on Home, Browse & Search, Product page of StockX ‘s website, iOS and Android apps. We also have backend services for Product Catalog. DRC aim to engage and delight a global audience to easily fetch, find, and explore everything StockX has to offer; to be a globally trusted destination for researching products, instilling customer confidence to act through education, reassurance, and excitement; and to enable our teams to curate an effective catalog that provides customers with the items they are seeking to buy and sell, and all the information they need to make confident decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Research and implement technology that can handle massive scale and generate business value
- Take ownership for the performance and uptime of the services supported by the team by collecting metrics, participating in on-call rotations, monitoring production systems, debugging issues as they come up, and responding with a sense of urgency
- Help define the way we work in the future including coding and design standards
- Work effectively in an agile development process
- Take product requirements and transform them into technical tasks
- Mentor other software engineers to help bolster overall team competency
- Participate and/or conduct in agile ceremonies
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong professional experience and understanding of data storage, relational (particularly Postgres) and non-relational (particularly Redis and DynamoDB)
- Experience in service oriented and/or microservice architectures
- Experience with event-based architectures and an understanding of how to successfully use them with Kafka, SNS, SQS, or other related services
- Experience on cloud service observability
- Experience on Kubernetes deployment and operation
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud providers (e.g. Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- You have built highly resilient and scalable REST-based services
- You are product focused and collaborate to find the best possible solutions
- Experience with testing strategies and an understanding of when to use each
- Has experience or domain knowledge in building product catalog for marketplaces would be a plus
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.