Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
About The Role
We are looking for a motivated, highly enthusiastic, deeply technical Android engineer to join our International expansion team. This will be a full-stack engineering team responsible for core services and site experiences that aid company Growth in International markets outside of the US. Our engineers are empowered to take ownership of technology decisions and solutions while playing a pivotal role in establishing a successful engineering culture at our fast-growing company.
- Work with product owners, internal stakeholders, PMs and EMs to crystallize ambiguous requirements and propose a resilient technical solution which scales to future business needs.
- Mentor junior engineers in the team to take these proposed solutions and architect and design them.
- Efficiently break up large designs and guide the junior team members in detailed component design. Help the team to implement, deploy and monitor systems and services.
- Propose and adopt best engineering excellence practices and guide development standards.
- Foster a growth mindset culture. Be a team player. Contribute to and follow team processes for better Sprint outcomes.
- Apply considerations around security, scalability, reliability, and performance while proposing and building solutions. Further developing our core architecture, setting up tooling and automation, adopting new best practices and helping review pull requests.
- Use sound technical judgment to consider technology alternatives, impact on affected and adjacent systems and design choice tradeoffs.
- Demonstrate complete ownership for your area of work. Participate in supporting your systems and services through any system upgrades, live site issues and others.
- Provide timely communication to stakeholders and users for resolving issues.
- 8 - 12 years of relevant development experience.
- Solid understanding of Kotlin and the Android SDK required
- Good understanding of design patterns like MVC and MVVM
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills. Ability to say No.
- Strong professional experience and understanding of app development best practices, including performance optimization, internationalization, and localization or equivalent experience in language and a willingness to learn and get up to speed quickly.
- Take responsibility for the performance and uptime of the services owned by the team by collecting metrics, participating in on-call rotations, monitoring production systems, debugging issues as they come up, and responding with a sense of urgency.
- Strong experience with working in an Agile environment.
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.