Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
About the team
The Finance & Accounting team at StockX brings together expertise from some of the world’s top marketplace companies. The team is composed of finance, revenue, accounting, tax, treasury, and payroll professionals committed to making StockX a phenomenal place to work, grow and learn. The team operates in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. We are working to put into place the right systems and processes to scale as StockX grows. We work cross-functionally across the business and teams to build a strong sense of trust and partnership, improve processes and align with the multifaceted needs of StockX. From FP&A and Payroll to Revenue, and Accounts Payable, the Finance & Accounting team is core to our business and spans around the globe from Detroit and the San Francisco Bay Area, to London and Singapore and many places in between.
About the role
We’re looking for a Country Accounting Manager to join our growing Finance Team to manage StockX UK’s accounting function. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for managing the monthly general ledger accounting and reporting close process to ensure timeliness, completeness, and accuracy. You will also be responsible for the Accounts Payable function for StockX UK.
You’ll report to the EMEA Accounting Controller and work cross-functionally with key business partners, FP&A, Tax, Legal, Treasury,Transportation, Revenue Accounting and our external auditors. You will support StockX’s overall objective of providing timely and accurate financial results by performing critical tasks needed for the monthly close. You will be responsible for assisting in developing processes and procedures to ensure all general ledger activity is maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP and UK GAAP). You will also be involved in a number of ad hoc projects to support our growing business.
What you'll do
- Manage the monthly close process including preparing and reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations (payroll, accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, tax, corporate credit cards, cash, and the procure-to-pay process).
- Responsible for month, quarter and year-end close related activities including preparation of flux analysis, budget v actuals analysis, various month-end reports and reconciliations
- Manage the external audit process and production of the UK annual statutory accounts
- Responsible for ensuring the timely payment of vendor invoices and expenses
- Work closely with Treasury to maximise cash flow and working capital
- Manage and develop the UK accounting team, based in London
- Coordinate and liaise with external parties like external auditors, tax agents,
- corporate secretarial agents, local tax and government authorities where required
- Ensure compliance with all statutory filing requirements
- Assist with internal controls implementation
- Collaborate on workflow design with key Finance partners on the development of processes, policies, systems, controls, and compliance around procure-to-pay, expense reporting, close, etc
- Carry out and assume any other duties and responsibilities as and when assigned
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA) with relevant post qualification experience
- A combination of industry & practice experience - Ideally around 5-8 years.
- Good knowledge of UK GAAP
- Experience in preparing annual statutory accounts
- Used to dealing with external auditors
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Management of an AP function
- Proficiency with enterprise accounting software (Workday, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP)
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.