Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Technology @ StockX:
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most-coveted current culture products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone.
Engineering Manager - Platform engineering (Devops / Developer productivity)
As we grow to achieve our mission, we’re looking to add a highly technical and mission driven engineering manager to lead our engineering efforts. The Platform engineering team is a high leverage and a high visibility team responsible for building the core infrastructure used by all the product teams at StockX to build micro-services which support our business. This includes building the Kubernetes based infrastructure, API GW platform, and developer productivity tools used across the StockX engineering organization.
As an engineering manager, you will also support the team to define and drive the vision necessary to achieve best of the breed scale and availability. This role will report to a senior platform engineering leader based out of the US.
What you'll do
- Responsible for StockX’s tier-0 cloud infrastructure services
- Lead a team of 4 to 6 platform engineers
- Define and own objectives and key metrics for your team, and devise an execution strategy and roadmap to achieve them.
- Mentor and grow engineers to help them reach their career goals.
- Hands-on technical leader willing to roll up their sleeves if needed to address an operational issue and maintain a high bar on code reviews.
- Hire to build an inclusive, diverse and high performing team.
- Cloud experience with at least one major cloud providers (AWS/ Azure / OCI / GCP)
- 2+ years of people management experience of an infrastructure service team (storage, networking, or compute)
- Prior engineering experience in either Cloud infrastructure or Developer productivity
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid choices using data in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Preferred work experience in a hyper growth startup environment
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.