Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Tech Lead Platform Engineer (DevOps)
We’re looking for a Technical Lead to join and start the Platform Engineering team in India at StockX.
The Platform Engineering team’s mission is to build and operate foundational components which enable engineering teams to rapidly deliver robust, production-ready services.
Our team focuses on building tools that empower all engineers (including ourselves) to run operationally excellent services, not necessarily operating the services ourselves. This is a highly visible role and as one of the first members of this team in India, you will partner with your teammates in the US, while helping grow the team in India.
We use cutting-edge tools and services like CircleCI, Harness, Kubernetes, LaunchDarkly, Terraform, Datadog, and AWS to build resilient and scalable platforms that accommodate our rapid growth. As a StockX Platform Engineer, you will be empowered to take ownership of technology decisions and solutions while playing a pivotal role in establishing a successful engineering culture at a fast-growing company.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with engineers throughout StockX to ensure we are using standard methodologies to build scalable, secure, and operationally sound systems
- Work within a multi-functional team of engineers to specify, design, develop, test, and implement cloud tooling and solutions
- Experience in projects and implementations regarding DevOps, SRE, and Cloud Architecture
- Build tooling to allow teams to automate routine cloud deployment, administration, and monitoring tasks
- Develop data-driven measures of team success, overall system, and company health
- Work with engineers to build standard local/non-production environments for systems across the organization to enable expedited development and testing
- Develop tooling to enable automated deployment and monitoring of cloud infrastructure, web applications, and microservices
- Document and evangelize tooling for use by engineers in the development, deployment, and operation of their services
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical field required
- A strong desire to eliminate toil in daily work for all engineers.
- Strong problem solving skills, coding experience, and ability to design simple to medium complexity scripts / tools
- Experience and passion for automation of key processes, focusing on consistent and measurable results.
- Strong experience with deploying in and understanding cloud provider services like AWS (preferred), Azure, or GCP.
- Solid understanding of Linux/UNIX and comfortable working in a command line-centric environment
- Comfortable with Container Mgmt.
- Using Docker (e.g. Tweaking Dockerfile, running Docker locally).
- Building and deploying containerized applications. Experienced with deploying applications to Kubernetes.
- Strong experience in developing and operating CI and CD pipelines (using CircleCI, Jenkins, Github Actions, Travis, Helm etc) to automate the delivery of working code to production.
- SRE experience around observability, performance tuning, and capacity planning of applications and infrastructure.
- Some familiarity with microservice, distributed, and event-driven architectures
- 6+ years of relevant experience in the above.
This is a great opportunity to leverage your existing skills, help build a premier team, and greatly impact how marketplaces can be redefined. At StockX, we are just getting started.
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.