Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the team
The StockX Legal team is a small but formidable group of legal and compliance professionals who get the deals done, the documents signed, and the processes in place to enable our international growth, awesome brand partnerships, and newest product innovations. We embrace diversity of thought and experience because only by keeping an open mind and being inquisitive about different ways of doing things, will our legal team be able to anticipate the risks and opportunities that come with being at the forefront of innovation. On any given day, our team is researching privacy legislation, cutting deals with celebrities (well, their lawyers), setting up new legal entities in foreign countries, tightening up some internal policies, or going after scammers violating our trademarks. We know we definitely have the coolest in-house legal jobs there could be, and we make sure we enjoy it by coming together every day as a team. This is the team to be on if you are passionate about working at the cutting edge of law and commerce.
About the role
The Customs & Trade Specialist will work cross-functionally, supporting all StockX sites and team members in complying with global Customs regulations. This role will also support the Director of Global Trade & Compliance in identifying opportunities for process improvements and cost savings, root cause analysis, developing corrective actions, performing internal Customs audits, SOP development, Best Practices, and Customs Compliance software implementation. Accuracy, having a sense of urgency, and being team-oriented are of the utmost importance to the organization.
What you'll do
- Take ownership of auditing import and export Customs declarations, Tariff Codes, Incoterms, etc. and following related record keeping processes
- Work closely with the sites, team members, freight forwarders, and Customs Brokers to correct any anomalies to minimize import/export shipment delays due to Customs compliance issues
- Ability to review the product catalog to identify and action any possible Customs compliance constraints
- Monitor cost-effectiveness and performance metrics, established with the Customs team, of freight forwarders and Customs brokers
- Advise any deficiencies, make Customs training recommendations when gaps are discovered, and identify areas for structural, organizational, and process improvement within our organization.
- With the direction and support of the Director of Global Trade & Compliance, support the development of the global Customs program and all related policies/procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations across the StockX global network.
- Documenting potential Customs issues and being able to communicate with your leader, team members, Operations, Finance, and other parties as deemed relevant
- Providing monthly reporting of internal Customs audits of Customs clearance reports
- Establish transparency and maintain urgency in meeting monthly KPI goals
- Identify opportunities to continue to build the efficiency of the Customs team
- Provide assistance for additional tasks as needed
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in the Customs field
- Bachelor's degree a plus
- Sense of urgency to perform tasks to timelines
- Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work a second shift in the US or be based in APAC region
In a world where consumers increasingly value self-expression and individuality, the market for hard-to-find fashion, collectibles, and electronics has never been hotter. Our global platform offers unique access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price.