Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
VP Supply Acquisition
Business Operations & Business Development @ StockX
Our Team is on a mission to build out a best in class Managed Marketplace Business Operations team. As the global platform for consuming and trading products of current culture all over the world, optimizing and evolving our supply chain and business development processes in a highly complex environment is key to our company’s success. The company builds fantastic, innovative experiences and products that give our customers access to the world’s most coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling and trading into a business. If you’re a curious leader who loves leading and solving business problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
About the role
The Leader of Supply Acquisition is a critical role, leading a team accountable to build, manage and drive the growth in our supply. This leader will be evolving our sales process and network of partners/sellers. This requires a person to be growth oriented and dynamic to keep up with the pace in the market with a very strong background in sales, sales development, and marketplace supply mechanics. Supply Acquisition is a key step in our business process and therefore the leader will report directly to our Head of Business Operations. Key OKRs will include driving our supply growth, quality, and relationships, and building out a world class team. The preferred candidate must have been involved in professional service settings, B2B, B2C, D2C and have account management skills as well as experience in building and launching supply chain programs. This person needs to be able to sell the purpose, ideals, and services of the business to ensure access to supply.
What you'll do
- Manage supply acquisition strategy on a global scale
- Partner with the Vertical leads and International GMs to align on business development and go to market strategy with sell through and conversion effectiveness
- Develop networks for sourcing new clients
- Grow quantity and quality of supply on the platform as well as add new types of supply for new verticals/categories.
- Identify and develop resources relevant to business development and sales goals
- Oversee organizational effectiveness, management development, and leadership development of the organization towards improving our sales and supply process.
- Liaise with members of the organization to ensure top-level customer experiences from acquisition through order delivery
- Understand current supply landscape and gaps to build a high-quality supply acquisition plan and set of tactics
- Attract and retain customers by developing highly creative outreach strategies along with other core departments at the company.
- Work in line with and improve operational procedures of the organization towards its revenue generation and sales growth goals
- Manage a team to ensure they perform sales and outreach tasks of the organization as prescribed.
- 10+ years in client relationship management, professional services, business development, team leadership, and B2B/B2C/D2C sales
- Strong experience in driving a P&L or sales budget in eCommerce
- Depth of experience in a global managed marketplace required
- Knowledge of seller technologies in market
- Ability to grow and maintain relationship with any individual, irrespective of the background and type of personality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong creativity and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to work with recent technological applications relating to daily tasks
- Strong detail-orientation and top-level self-organization
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Willingness to put in more working hours, even at odd times
- Possess reliable problem-solving ability
In a world where consumers increasingly value self-expression and individuality, the market for hard-to-find fashion, collectibles, and electronics has never been hotter. Our global platform offers unique access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price.