Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX:
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most-coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
About the role:
Lead teams that will design and build the future of the StockX platform. This critical role will impact and accelerate our continued growth from the services that power our unique two-sided marketplace to our global authentication centers. If you are looking to make an impact as a senior engineering leader, this is where you'll find it!
What you'll do
- Lead high-performance engineering-focused teams
- Mentor team members and support the development of healthy, collaborative, results-focused teams
- Define and measure quarterly and annual OKR's
- Partner with Ops and Finance Teams to support critical revenue systems and processes
- Partner with business stakeholders to lead efforts that conceptualize, design, and deliver our product roadmap solutions.
- Lead the teams in making improvements in architecture and systems designs that make existing backend services more performant, reliable, secure, testable, and maintainable
- Drive visibility on key engineering metrics for performance, availability, scalability, and efficiency
- Provide analysis to inform strategic direction on business issues and opportunities
- Collaborate with our front end teams, product teams, and data teams to devise innovative solutions that continue to set StockX apart from our competition
- Recruit and hire bar-raising team members across all engineering roles.
- Minimum of 8 years of industry experience leading or managing teams, including 5+ year of experience in a managerial or leadership role
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in a field using APIs, cloud services, engineering, statistics, computer science, or a related field
- Ability to establish a vision and influence cultural change within an organization
- Experience building and supporting an e-commerce marketplace or supply chain transportation and inventory management systems is preferred
- Capable of guiding and inspiring your teams and your colleagues to drive the best possible practices
- Ability to make large software projects maintainable, extensible, and future proof
- Experience with NodeJS, relational databases, queues, workers, concurrency, indexes, and other systems that provide high reliability and scaling solutions
- Ability to ask the right questions, evaluate tradeoffs, and lead teams to solutions that solve real problems.
- Able to develop an engineering culture that enables quality and craftsmanship
- Deeply curious, driven to understand our business, product, and technology, and apply that knowledge to create better outcomes.
- Ability to collaborate with business teams, data teams, and product teams to develop and improve our systems
- Extensive experience AWS or GCP
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills demonstrated success in communicating and presenting data and concepts to clients and audiences with varying backgrounds.
In a world where consumers increasingly value self-expression and individuality, the market for hard-to-find fashion, collectibles, and electronics has never been hotter. Our global platform offers unique access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price.