Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next-generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build fantastic, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle tremendous scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
About the role
You will work closely with multiple groups across StockX, leveraging your deep knowledge of business processes and systems to develop solutions that meet our future business requirements. You will work closely with Finance, Engineering, Product, Data, and the business. You will work on complex projects in a matrix team structure to establish overarching strategy, goals, objectives, define requirements, design new business processes, structure projects, manage delivery, and communicate with stakeholders. You will understand execution risk and how to mitigate it. You will understand stakeholder management and will manage relationships across large and complex organizations.
What you'll do
- Structure projects with stakeholders, define project goals and risks to execution.
- Drive projects through the entire project lifecycle, including clearly communicating status, risks, and remediation plans to executive stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Finance and cross-functional teams to document workflows, identify gaps, propose improvements, and drive consensus to achieve agreed upon set of requirements.
- Utilize finance knowledge to provide valuable inputs to the Project team, identify risks, guide decision making, create business case and business requirements documents, and oversee the development of test plans.
- Partner with the Finance Technology team to determine the strategy and execution of the implementation of new systems and integrations for reporting initiatives
- Assess and implement proper controls and change management in systems or processes across teams with each implementation
- Own communication of upstream and downstream dependencies on the end-to-end finance process for company wide cross-functional projects
- Facilitate the tracking, validation and closure of remediation plans pertaining to prior audit recommendations.
- Independently lead process improvement initiatives due to process change caused by business growth
- Work closely with the Senior Program Manager and fellow integrated product team members, as well as the corporate finance department to develop the program’s financial systems, KPIs, budget/forecasts, and improve the overall revenue accounting close process in accordance with strategic requirements
- Independent self-starter who thrives in taking the initiative and improving current processes with very strong attention to detail, and providing financial advice and assistance to others in the organization
- Bachelor's Degree
- BA/BS degree in Business or Accounting, MS or MBA a plus
- Certified Scrum Master preferred
- 7-10+ years of experience
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in optimizing the feature development process through constant ideation and collaboration with business development, data, design, product, operations, engineering, customer service, and legal.
- Coordinate execution of prioritized feature(s) across one or more development teams
- Quickly, succinctly, and relentlessly communicate questions, roadblocks, setbacks, and challenges to all impacted stakeholders.
- Evaluate and bring forward solutions when issues arise, finding the way forward.
- Sniff out both technical and business scope creep and do not accept changes in scope without open conversation to assess the impact to the overall feature timeline.
- Defend the development team from distractions, external and internal, which jeopardize engineering estimates and/or business deadlines. Team time is precious.
- Provide timely, routine progress updates on Projects in the process to stakeholders, including a red/green risk assessment and a target date.
- Decide whether the development team can absorb an emergent bug or research spike into the current sprint without jeopardizing the sprint goals.
- Engage with the program management community to learn and share best practices.
- Experience scaling operational workflows and aligning processes for a global team
- Experience implementing Finance systems and managing a project roadmap
- Detailed knowledge of critical business within key industries such as Warehouse Operations, Retail and/or eCommerce companies is strongly preferred.
- Experience program managing complex systems projects through the entire project lifecycle (e.g. SDLC).
- Detailed understanding of Finance business processes including revenue recognition and order-to-cash (O2C).
- · Demonstrated strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills, with ability to navigate fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Frequent interaction with key internal and external stakeholders
- Frequently making decisions with general approval from my leader
Equipment & Technology
- Scrum/Kanban/Agile knowledge
- Jira & Confluence
- Project Management Tools (such as Monday.com, or MS Project)
- Experience in a technology role
In a world where consumers increasingly value self-expression and individuality, the market for hard-to-find fashion, collectibles, and electronics has never been hotter. Our global platform offers unique access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price.