Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the role
The Merchandise Manager, Apparel is responsible for the end-to-end growth plan of the Apparel category. This role will be responsible for developing and driving category growth strategy and delivering GMV and revenue goals. This individual will formulate and execute business strategy to position StockX as the go-to Marketplace for Apparel and work cross-functionally to develop/enhance capabilities position StockX for continuous success.
Our candidate is highly motivated, collaborative, and strategic with a passion for evangelizing the StockX business model and value proposition with enthusiasm.
What you will do
- Responsible for the Apparel P/L to deliver the GMV/Revenue plan.
- Build the right brand/product assortment, define and drive product enhancement needs, establish and maintain brand/seller relationships.
- Incorporate customer insights and category trends to set overarching vision into business strategy and respond to in-season trends.
- Serve as the competitive expert. Be commercially aware, monitor the market and gather competitive intelligence on new products, competitive strategies, consumer behavior, industry tactics, and opportunities for growth and white space opportunities.
- Understand the market drivers, levers, and unit economics necessary to successfully operate. Collaborate with cross functional partners to ensure that smart risks are being taken, basic businesses are protected, and key financial targets are met.
- Partner with all aspects of Marketing organization (Performance, CRM, Content, Social, SEO, etc), to drive increased awareness and sales activities.
- Collaborate with Customer Service and Product teams to improve the overall experience for Buyers and Sellers.
- Work with the International team to develop growth strategy and needs for International expansion.
- Minimum 8 years of category management, and/or merchandising, and/or buying experience in Apparel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or equivalent.
- Deep understanding and passion for the Apparel industry and brand players.
- Proven ability to deliver results against goals, build effective and motivated teams, foster teamwork, and demonstrate a strong work ethic and desire to win.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including regular presentations to the company and executive leadership team.
- Comfortable managing multiple initiatives, working in an extremely fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Excited to be on the front lines of a fast-paced and growing team in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment.
In a world where consumers increasingly value self-expression and individuality, the market for hard-to-find fashion, collectibles, and electronics has never been hotter. Our global platform offers unique access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price.