Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX:
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most-coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
About the role:
Join our Software Engineering Team and provide leadership, planning, and management for the backend services that power the StockX marketplace. You will lead the several teams tasked with designing and implementing backend services that support internal and external front ends. Provide roadmaps, mentoring, and leadership for the teams that build our marketplace, payments, cloud platform, APIs, and the ecosystem at the core of StockX. The ideal candidate is a thought leader with proven experience communicating quantitative results to business partners. A successful candidate will be technically proficient and able to work collaboratively with StockX’s internal stakeholders. If curiosity, global marketplaces, and the most sought after goods like sneakers, streetwear, and electronics get you out of bed in the morning, let’s build something incredible together! At StockX, we are just getting started.
What you'll do:
- Lead high-performance engineering-focused teams
- Mentor team members and support the development of healthy, collaborative, results-focused teams
- Partner with business stakeholders to lead efforts that conceptualize, design, and deliver our product roadmap solutions.
- Lead the teams in making improvements in architecture and systems designs that make existing backend services more performant, reliable, secure, testable, and maintainable
- Drive visibility on key engineering metrics for performance, availability, scalability, and efficiency
- Provide analysis to inform strategic direction on business issues and opportunities
- Collaborate with our front end teams, product teams, and data teams to devise innovative solutions that continue to set StockX apart from our competition
- Recruit and hire bar-raising team members across all engineering roles.
- Minimum 20 years of experience in Engineering of which at least 8+ years of industry experience leading or managing teams, including 5+ year of experience in a managerial or leadership role
- 8+ years of experience working in a field using APIs, cloud services, engineering, statistics, computer science, or a related field
- Capable of guiding and inspiring your teams and your colleagues to drive the best possible practices
- Technically very strong at Design / Architecture level
- Managed at least 75-100 people team in the past
- Worked (or open to work) with geographically distributed teams like US, Europe etc.
- Ability to make large software projects maintainable, extensible, and future proof
- Experience with NodeJS, relational databases, queues, workers, concurrency, indexes, and other systems that provide high reliability and scaling solutions
- Ability to ask the right questions, evaluate tradeoffs, and lead teams to solutions that solve real problems.
- Able to develop an engineering culture that enables quality and craftsmanship
- Deeply curious, driven to understand our business, product, and technology, and apply that knowledge to create better outcomes.
- Ability to collaborate with business teams, data teams, and product teams to develop and improve our systems
- Extensive experience AWS or GCP
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills demonstrated success in communicating and presenting data and concepts to clients and audiences with varying backgrounds.
- Computer science, mathematics, statistics or technical degree
- Software development or visualization experience
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.