Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most-coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
About the role
StockX is seeking a motivated, dedicated, and focused individual with experience in growing and improving internal IT functions that support the strategic IT vision and enable the short and long-term goals of the business as a whole. As Senior Application Developer for ServiceNow at StockX, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting out-of-box and custom applications on the ServiceNow platform throughout the entire software development lifecycle. You will own complex development projects spanning ITSM, HR Service Delivery, Agile Development, and other major modules, as well as custom applications. You’ll reimagine Service Desk and Employee Self-Service processes using automation and integrations. As part of a larger team, you will have the chance to play a vital role in scaling our global enterprise systems.
What you'll do
- Develop, maintain, document, and support custom line-of-business applications using Scoped Apps and ServiceNow Studio according to ServiceNow best practices.
- Work with internal and external technical teams to develop and maintain inbound and outbound integrations between ServiceNow and other systems using Flow Designer, IntegrationHub and custom APIs.
- Create and maintain core ServiceNow platform components, such as Custom Tables, Business Rules, Script Includes, ACLs, UI Policies and UI Actions.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex and high-priority issues related to ServiceNow.
- Analyze, evaluate, and propose system changes to business sponsors and application end users, and develop technical requirements and deliverables based on business needs.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in a ServiceNow developer or system administrator role
- 3+ years developing custom Scoped Applications on the ServiceNow platform, including frontend (Service Portal, Fulfiller UI) and backend (database, ACL, scripts) development
- 3+ years supporting IT Service Management on ServiceNow
- 3+ years of experience integrating ServiceNow with external SOAP and REST-based web services
- Experience implementing ServiceNow add-on applications such as Software Asset Management Professional, HR Service Delivery/Employee Service Center, and/or Security Operations (SecOps)
- Experience implementing or managing Performance Analytics for ITSM and/or HRSD.
Knowledge & Skills
- Able to develop custom line-of-business applications on the ServiceNow platform using latest ServiceNow functionality, such as Scoped Applications, Flow Designer, and Service Portal / Employee Service Center.
- Expert-level knowledge of the core components of the ServiceNow platform, such as Database Schema, Business Rules, ACLs (security), and scripts (Script Includes, Client Scripts, etc).
- Knowledge of SOAP and REST-based web services, including JSON and XML files.
- Understanding of web security best-practices and modern security/authentication systems (WS-Security, OAuth2, etc)
- Familiarity with any application testing methodologies such as Automated Test Framework (ATF), Test-Driven Development (TDD), etc
- Understanding of Scrum / Agile Development
- Able to translate requirements from business stakeholders into technical deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Please choose the option below that best characterizes the nature and level of interactions with other people in the course of performing this job
- Interaction limited to others on the team (peers, leaders)
- Some interaction with other teams
- Frequent interaction with other teams, including leaders
- Some interaction with key internal and external stakeholders
- Frequent interaction with key internal and external stakeholders
- Please choose the option below that best characterizes the level of decision making exercised in performing this job
- Mostly choosing from other options suggested by leaders and or teammates
- Sometimes making decisions with prior approval from leader
- Frequently making decisions with general approval from my leader
- Frequently making complex decisions that could impact my team/business area
- Frequently making complex decisions that could impact multiple business areas and/or the entire company
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.