Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the role
We're looking for great legal minds to help us shape and drive the debate on privacy, big data, AI, and data ethics. Come work for a trusted, high-growth ecommerce brand with an unparalleled culture where privacy and data strategy really matters. Be part of a growing team within the Compliance team (under the Legal Department) led by a Chief Privacy Officer who drives business solutions, and cares about your career development.
What you'll do
- Lead and grow a small, but high impact team passionate about global privacy, trust, and data protection issues.
- Partner closely with the Information Security, Data, Engineering, Product, HR, Marketing, Ops, and other cross-functional teams to assess potential data, privacy and security risks and regulatory controls and governance for StockX’s platform.
- Partner with Information Security to develop and scale Privacy-By-Design strategies and drive impactful business solutions.
- Guide product, engineering, data science, and innovation teams regarding proposed or potential data use/product features, and clearly communicate and help non-experts understand applicable regulations, requirements, and standard methodologies.
- Develop and maintain effective policies, procedures, and documentation to demonstrate compliance; and further develop integrated strategies across StockX to optimize new data use and innovations for customer benefit.
- Participate in industry forums to help craft relevant privacy, data and digital advertising policies, regulations and best practices.
- Represent StockX externally before data protection regulators, industry groups, and other key partners to drive balanced, scalable, global approaches to complex data privacy protection and needs.
- Lead efforts to interface with and manage vendors supporting the privacy function (e.g., DSAR, cookies, consent, etc.).
- Stay at the forefront of, and lead efforts to comply with existing and new privacy laws (e.g., PIPL, CPRA, VCDPA, CO CPA) as applied to StockX and partner closely with StockX Data Protection Officer to influence adoption across StockX.
- Be a zealous privacy advocate inside StockX to help grow our culture of privacy (e.g., conduct training, represent the privacy team in product strategy and design sessions).
- Help influence and shape data security and incident management, online behavioral advertising, cross border data flows, and support for regulated data and spaces.
- Lead document retention and destruction strategy and execution.
- J.D. degree from accredited law school and membership in at least one state bar required.
- CIPP/US and CIPP/E (or willingness to obtain within 1 year) certification required.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant privacy experience, including prior in-house or law firm experience.
- Specific experience implementing GDPR, CCPA, PIPA, PIPEDA, including contracts, DPAs, data classification & retention, DSARs, PbD, PIAs, DPAs, consent management.
- Proven track record of advancing large, sophisticated projects.
- Strategic problem solver with excellent legal and business judgment including demonstrated experience assessing information for risk mitigation opportunities.
- Strong understanding and experience with both domestic and international privacy requirements.
- Experience supporting international growth.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.