Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Our mission requires that users have deep trust in the company where they store their personal
information. We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer to join us on this mission. You will
report directly to the Director of Security Engineering. You will be responsible for leading tactical and strategic initiatives while coordinating projects within Security, Engineering, IT, Product, Legal, Compliance, and other teams throughout the company. You will be an integral part of the team tasked with protecting StockX’s computers, networks, and data against threats, such as security breaches, computer viruses, or attacks by cyber criminals.
●Drives security efforts across the company to address security requirements.
● Defines, delivers, and supports strategic plans for implementing information security.
● Understands, evaluates, and responds to security incidents.
● Implements information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating
trends, identifying problems, and anticipating requirements.
● Stays abreast of emerging security threats and conducts research on emerging products,
services, protocols, and standards in support of security improvement.
● Assists with the reporting, investigation, and resolution of security incidents.
● Monitors security risk and tracks exceptions to security policies, standards, and procedures
to ensure effective security governance and operational efficiencies.
● Knowledge and experience of reporting and analytics related to security engineering design to give a better understanding the security posture and the threat landscape.
● Facilitates the development and implementation of appropriate security configurations,
policies, processes, and procedures.
● Identifies blockers and works to find solutions and brings them to management as needed
● Ensures services meet security requirements and standards through monitoring, log analysis, hunting operations, compromise assessments, forensics analysis, root cause analysis, investigation assistance, insider threat management, and incident management.
● Strong understanding of information security operations and the relationship between
threats, vulnerabilities, and risk management.
● Develops and maintains a global information security incident response plan that will
identify, contain and resolve information security incidents; and meet compliance
● Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or similar discipline, or equivalent work experience.
● Minimum 7 years of experience in Information Security space spanning network security, application security, cryptography, SDLC security tools/practices, threat management, penetration testing, abuse, fraud, security compliance, incident response.
● Experience developing, implementing or creating information security systems with a strong
understanding of information security regulatory requirements and compliance issues such as GDPR, PCI, SOX, HIPAA, CCPA, and NIST CSF.
● Strong understanding of VPN, anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls, and content
filtering, endpoint security solutions to include file integrity monitoring and data loss prevention, AWS security tools: SecurityHub, GuardDuty, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, and Crowdstrike, Lacework, DataDog, Cortex, Snyk.
● Understanding of how threats like Spam, Phishing, Bots, DDoS Attacks, Brute Force Attacks, SQL Injections, XSS, Trojan Horses are executed and how to protect our resources.
● Experience with design approaches to continuously monitor organization’s networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions.
● Experience in designing best practices for protecting critical customer data.
● One or more of the following certifications are a plus but not required - CISSP, CISM, TOGAF, SANS/GSEC, CIPP, CRISC, CFE
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.