Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the role
StockX is seeking a motivated, dedicated, and focused individual with analytics skills and Business Process Management (BPM) or other business process automation tools experience to automate business process flows for internal business units within StockX. This includes the customer service, operation, warehouse, trust and safety risk management team. The product manager will work with IT, engineering, legal and many business stakeholders to understand and model out processes and suggest any improvements needed to make the process more efficient and compliant with business regulations across multiple countries.
The Product Manager for Automation will be responsible for the strategic plan, product roadmap, business operations, and partner relationship management of our automation strategies. Strategically, the StockX automation system is a key competitive advantage and can create net new revenue streams and significant cost savings for the company. The role will therefore be tasked with creating a secure, scalable, and compliant platform. Experience in payments, cross border trade, compliance and security will be helpful. This role will work closely with engineering, finance, international leaders, customer service, marketing, legal, and compliance to deploy products, which give StockX a competitive edge in our marketplace worldwide.
What you’ll do
- Effectively work with engineering team or teams.
- Regular updates on the state of the automation to audiences including executives and board members.
- Effective monitoring and reporting of core business process automation trends within the company and suggest improvements or adjustments to improve scalability and efficiency.
- Assist Finance teams with proper review of automated tasks and perform investigations into other processes to determine suitability for automation.
- Ensure that all automated processes are documented and followed throughout the company, including providing an audit trail on demand.
- Provide continual training and coaching to team members in proper procedures including state machine adherence and automation reporting.
- Maintain thorough and accurate reporting on the business process automation performance as well as order state management for leadership.
- Partner with Customer Support to ensure proper handoff and consultation for automation involving finance, marketplace and order issues.
- Review analysis and reporting on business process automation and order state issues and cleanly escalate needed information for StockX Senior leadership.
- Work with third party partners and internal teams on potential inefficiencies and weaknesses to close any possible gaps.
- Maintain clean and detailed record keeping of instances of issues and losses sustained by StockX including documented learnings from each case.
- Use provided data and analytics to develop and implement new measures to improve marketplace performance and scalability.
- Collaborate cross departmentally to identify new areas of opportunity and take proactive measures whenever possible.
- Provide feedback and assistance to additional departments in instances of possible inefficiencies and access control issues.
- Maintain vendor management with external partners and ensure effectiveness.
- Experience in business process automation and order management including financial automation.
- Experience in a financial accounting setting, preferably in a marketplace ecommerce setting.
- Detailed knowledge of marketplace and order management systems and implications for business process automation.
- Detailed experience in a business process automation system.
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in a product role with management experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at the executive level.
- Proven analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Ability to cooperate across organizational/department boundaries to reach mutual goals
- Ability to successfully pass a background investigation and drug test
- Consent to recurring background investigations at discretion of senior management
- Must be able to maintain composure in stressful situations and confidentiality of sensitive information
- Proficiency in using data analysis and computer-based tools, such as Google and Microsoft Office Suite and similar products
- Creativity, flexibility, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing tasks and priorities
- Expertise in managed marketplace business models
- Familiarity with Marketplace/StockX operations
- Payment experience in multiple regions, especially APAC.
- Fraud and investigative experience
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Power Automate, Power Apps.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.