Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the role
The Collectibles Business Development Supply Manager is responsible for the end-to-end business development cycle (prospect/engage/onboard/expand) of Sellers to the global StockX platform. This role will work closely with the Collectibles & Trading Cards Vertical teams in prioritizing categories of focus as well as proactively prospecting and developing potential Seller relationships and strategic partnerships. In addition, the role will work cross functionally with Marketing, Product, Account Management, and Operation partners in identifying seller needs to scale and share findings with the team to enable future platform/seller tools improvement.
Our candidate is highly motivated, collaborative, and a strategic hunter with a passion for evangelizing the StockX business model and value proposition with enthusiasm. An ideal candidate brings a robust knowledge of Trading Cards & Collectibles, including but not limited to categories such as Bearbrick, Funko Pop!, LEGO, Action Figures, Comics, Graded and Ungraded Trading Cards, & Sealed Trading Card Boxes/Wax.
What you'll do
- Lead and drive pipeline activities, negotiations and management for focus categories.
- Conduct research, analysis and identification of key target brands and categories.
- Storyboard and communicate value of StockX platform via video conferencing and in-person meetings (in the future).
- Strategically navigate the process from introduction, onboarding, integration to ongoing relationship management to ensure Seller success.
- Work cross functionally to plan and execute partner integration and marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with vertical leaders and brand leaders in building out the strategic business development roadmap.
- Be commercially aware and monitor the market and gather competitive intelligence on new products, competitive strategies, consumer behavior, industry tactics, and opportunities for business growth.
- Generate and pursue prospective new opportunities to fuel GMV and revenue growth.
- Achieves or exceeds monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in an eCommerce, retail, consumer products company operating in a Business Dev/Partnership/Merchant/Account Management capacity
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Deep understanding of the collectibles industry, with relationships at key partners across categories such as Bearbrick, LEGO, Action Figures, and/or trading cards
- Understand the market drivers, margins, levers, and unit economics necessary to successfully operate a Collectibles and/or Trading Cards business
- Proven ability to deliver results against goals
- Exceptional prospecting, presentation, negotiation and closing skills
- Working knowledge of integration solutions: Shopify, API, flat file, multi-channel listing tools, etc.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.