Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX:
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next-generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
The Data & AI Infrastructure team is a new team within the AI organization at StockX. This platform will power product catalog data, StockX industry leading bid/ ask matcher, search data pipelines, various ML/ AI use cases, various big data analytics use cases, and experimentation. The mission of the Data & AI Infrastructure org is to provide cutting edge, reliable and easy to use infrastructure for
- Build and manage the big data platform for ingesting, storing, and processing big data at scale.
- Build and manage streaming platforms like Kafka, Flink, Spark or Kinesis for real-time data pipelines
- Manage the data lake infrastructure including the data catalog
- Build and manage AI Ops infrastructure
In this role you will be working as a data infrastructure engineer supporting the Apache Spark on AWS EMR or Databricks, S3 Data lake, Airflow, Glue Catalog, Kubernetes, etc.
- 3+ years of experience scaling and operating distributed systems like big data processing engines (e.g., Apache Hadoop, Hive, Apache Spark), streaming systems (e.g., Apache Flink, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark), Kubernetes, full stack development is plus
- 5+ years of fluency in Python or Java or Scala or C++ or C# or Golang
- Ability to debug complex issues in large scale distributed systems
- Passion for building infrastructure that is reliable, easy to use and easy to maintain
- Strong background in building scalable and fault-tolerant distributed systems. Ideal candidates have past experience in building applications such as data pipelines, data caching/storage systems, and/or Web services.
- 2+ years of experience using AWS or GCP or Azure Cloud infrastructure.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.