Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX:
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
About the Role:
The StockX Technical Program Management (TPM) team plays a critical role executing high-impact org-wide initiatives and continuously improving processes to increase the effectiveness of our product and engineering organizations. It is the most critical IC role in StockX engineering organization.
The Payment Platform team at StockX powers several use cases across Product, Engineering, Data Science and Operations groups. StockX’s Payments system enables our customers to pay conveniently in various currencies.
- A TPM in this role will structure and drive large complex cross-team technical initiatives in Payments/SEO/Localization platforms to name a few. Specifically, the TPM will drive the problem space, work closely with engineering/product leads to conceptualize solutions, organize/align multiple engineering teams for delivery and drive execution leveraging milestones/KPIs.
- She/he will look for ways to standardize, ensure execution is efficient and consistent, and set accountability by tracking progress, resolving dependencies, identifying issues, evaluating risks and communicating status to upper management and project stakeholders.
- TPMs move fluidly from the big picture end-to-end software systems to low level details so that the team can deliver complex and strategic cross-functional software projects, often with tight deadlines.
- Understand technical implementation at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives when necessary. Ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective. Develop broad domain and technical knowledge.
- Project manage complex and large scale cross-team, cross-functional initiatives . Interface with engineering managers and engineers to estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources.
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders. Engage and energize the project teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Overall software industry experience of 7-10 years.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a product based software development company as a TPM or Engineering Manager.
- Technical experience in large distributed systems, Microservices Architecture, NoSQL, Cloud computing.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence.
- Exposure to work in Offsite / Onsite teams spread in multiple time zones and countries.
- Proven strong cross-team and cross-org stakeholder management. Ability to influence, motivate, and align people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Analytical and truth seeking mindset. Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
- Metrics driven: Experience determining effective program KPIs and using them to measure program success and issues.
- Experienced in project management. Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited.
- Excellent in identifying process gaps, measuring progress, and balancing engineering and product efficiency with process overhead.
- Be exceptional at facilitating discussions. You get the right people in the room, let conversations run their course while they are productive, move them toward consensus when possible, and make hard decisions or escalate, as required.
- Certification in Agile methodologies
- Exposure to Payments platforms
- Experience in start-up culture
- Ability to pivot and adapt quickly
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. StockX reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.