Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX:
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Technical Lead to join the core Payments platform Team at StockX.
This is a great opportunity to leverage your existing skills, to build a world-class platform and to have a huge impact on how marketplaces can be redefined. At StockX, we're just getting started.
- Mentor senior engineers and build a very strong culture of quality. In other words, champion best software engineering practices such as unit testing, code coverage, test automation, continuous integration, delivery, build deployment etc.
- Help build consensus by being open to a variety of viewpoints and aid in bridging a gap in case of a disagreement.
- Collaborate with multiple product and engineering teams(onsite and offsite), as well as external partnerships for integration into our platform. Basically a person with exceptional skill in influencing without authority.
- Synthesize your decisions and designs into a very detailed, clear and structured written specs.
- Design, build, and evolve microservices used by StockX web and mobile applications
- Collaborate with front-end and back-end engineers to build scalable services
- Write quality code and world class documentation which can be used as the example for the company. This will be at least 50% of the daily work.
- Debug and monitor production systems.
- Work effectively in an agile development process
- Constantly evolve the platform to identify bottlenecks in both runtime and development time aspects of the platform and improve them.
- Work with Product, UX, and Design to build a world-class microservices and workflow engine.
- Research and implement cutting edge technology that can be applied to handle massive scale.
- Overall 10-15 years of relevant experience.
- At least 3 years in the architect role.
- Exceptional verbal communication skill.
- Deep experience in Java programming language or similar Object-Oriented language.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience of data storage eco systems - Relational databases, No-SQL databases and Caching systems.
- Exceptional skill in solving complex problems by use of right data structure and algorithms.
- Hands on experience in using design patterns to solve complex software design/architecture problems.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience in microservice architectures and event driven architecture. You have built highly resilient, scalable REST-based services.
- In-depth understanding and hands on experience in building highly scalable and fault tolerant distributed systems.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience with message queues, pub-sub systems and event streams.
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud provider tech stack.
- Experience in GO, Node.js, Postgres, MongoDB, AWS
- Knowledge of stream processing technologies like Spark, Storm, Flink.
- Exposure to distributed caching, failure detection algorithms & application failover.
- Experience with building self-healing, automatic fault detection and recovery mechanisms.
- Exposure to Payments platforms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. StockX reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.