Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most-coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
About the role
Data Analytics is a strategic focus area for the company. In this role you will lead a data engineering team for StockX Data organization. As a manager, you will drive engineering teams to build and maintain the StockX data platform to support the analytical and AI/ML needs for product and supply chain business functions. The right person for this role has a strong focus on understanding business expectations and requirements, sets a high bar for themselves, likes to solve problems, and is tenacious when developing and instituting new processes and influencing adoption across technology and business. This person should be intellectually curious and an innovator. In addition, the ideal candidate must possess a high degree of collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels of the organization.
What you'll do
- Lead the engineering team responsible for the implementation and support of integrated StockX data platform environment.
- Support the long term organizational goal to become a data driven organization.
- Develop inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
- Participate in key technical and design discussions with technical leads in the team as a hands-on manager.
- Excellent cross-team collaboration and communication skills.
- Empowers team to be accountable for decisions through clear definition of boundaries/areas of ownership for decisions.
- You will help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- You will help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- 7+ years of experience in data engineering with various ETL technologies.
- 4+ years of experience leading teams as a people manager with a demonstrated ability to hire and grow engineers.
- Extensive experience designing data integration using streaming, services/API, ETL methods.
- Strong experience with logical and physical data modeling.
- Experience in AWS / GCP / Azure cloud technologies.
- Programming experience in Python, Scala, Java or other languages.
- Experience in building a large scale, high-volume data platform environment.
- You possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid choices in a fast-paced and quickly-growing company.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.