Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX:
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next-generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
Using state of the art computer vision approaches, we’re looking for applied scientists who can improve StockX browsing experience, quality of search results, and the way authenticate our products in our AC’s. Candidates will be passionate about innovation and driven by product and delivery. Targeting the visual experience and working closely with our Search and Recommendation teams. Additionally, improve our Supply Chain process working with team members to help with fake detection. Ideal candidates would be looking to grow and improve products with their knowledge of computer vision and multi-modal learning.
- Fake item detection
- Image Search and recommendations
- Virtual try-ons for shoes and apparel
- Image processing for product listings
What You’ll Do:
- Build upon open source and the research community’s work, evaluate its merits, adapt and implement software for our purposes, and then scale/productionize the code.
- Prototype and build new algorithms and evaluate them in A/B experimentation on StockX machine learning platform.
- Collaborate across ML engineers, product engineer teams and product managers and communicate your ideas and model capabilities.
- Share your work to executives and stakeholders as well as at academic venues in the wider ML research community, including presentations at top-tier ML/DS conferences like CVPR, ICML, ICLR, KDD, WSDM, Recsys, etc.
- You have a track record of applying machine learning techniques in addressing real-world problems.
- You have focused expertise in signal and image processing, multi-view geometry, computer vision, deep learning, and machine learning.
- You have extensive experience in writing, reviewing, and debugging production software engineering code and can evaluate it with online experimentation.
- You can communicate ideas to product managers and have worked in large, cross-functional teams with scientists, software engineers, and product engineers.
- You have an M.S./Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related engineering fields.
- 7+ years of practical machine learning experience.
- You have published at peer-reviewed conferences, such as CVPR, ICLR, ICML, KDD, SIGIR, WSDM, etc. or you have given talks/tutorials in industrial conferences like Spark Summit.
- You have experience using AWS Cloud Platform.
- You have experience in building production search, recommendations, advertising, or general e-commerce systems.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.