Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX:
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next-generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build fantastic, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle tremendous scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
We're looking for Technical Program Managers to join some of our core teams which include:
Warehouse Management Systems and Logistics:
The Warehouse Team works with the software systems that power the StockX global logistics, supply chain, inventory, and warehousing network. We build scalable and resilient microservices and tooling that enable our operations team members to process orders and drive customer delight. We utilize cutting edge tools and platforms such as Node.js, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS to handle our exciting growth.
Core Developer Platform:
We would like to meet an eager Technical Program Manager to take full responsibility of popular promotions (including ReStockX, IPO, Charity, Black Friday and more) and rethink how we start, stop and curate them. We are also looking for ownership over our discount code management tool. High transparency greenfield opportunities with the end goal being automating the process out of Engineering.
Every cent of money that StockX touches runs through the Money Team. Our team is responsible for billions of dollars a year, in currencies across the world, and a growing list of payment methods to bring our customers the best experience for their needs. If our services are down, the sellers on our platform are not getting paid, and that impacts real people’s lives. It is our goal to build the highest quality systems, at enormous scale, with better uptime than our vendors. Some of the most sophisticated technical problems at StockX are being solved today on our team.
The Sell team builds tools and experiences to help casual and professional sellers alike, from around the world, list, handle, sell, and ship their products. The team is charged with growing the selling side of our business and ensuring a healthy marketplace for sellers and buyers. We also have a grand vision to build a scalable seller platform that includes a dedicated UX and backend services for running all things related to sell, integrations with other e-commerce platforms, and public APIs to enable our tech-savvy sellers to build their own storefront.
About the Role:
The StockX Technical Program Management (TPM) team plays a critical role in executing high-impact org-wide initiatives and continuously improving processes to increase the effectiveness of our product and engineering organizations.
- A TPM in this role will structure and drive large sophisticated cross-team technical initiatives in Payments/SEO/Localization platforms to name a few. Specifically, the TPM will drive the problem space, work closely with engineering/product leads to conceptualize solutions, organize/align multiple engineering teams for delivery and drive execution demonstrating landmarks/important metrics.
- She/he will look for ways to standardize, ensure execution is efficient and consistent, and set accountability by supervising progress, resolving dependencies, identifying issues, evaluating risks, and communicating with partners.
- TPMs move fluidly from the big picture end-to-end software systems to low-level details so that the team can deliver complex and strategic multi-functional software projects, often with tight deadlines.
- Understand technical implementation at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives when vital. Ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective. Develop a broad domain and technical knowledge.
- Project lead complex and large-scale cross-team, multi-functional initiatives. Work with engineering managers and engineers to estimate work efforts, define achievements, and handle resources.
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks, and communicate status to upper management and project partners. Engage and energize the project teams to achieve daring goals.
- Overall software experience of 10-15 years.
- Demonstrated ability in a product-based software development company as a TPM or Engineering Manager.
- Technical experience in large distributed systems, Microservices Architecture, NoSQL, Cloud computing.
- Proven technical capability and an understanding of technical designs, challenges, and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence.
- Exposure to work in Offsite / Onsite teams spread in multiple time zones and countries.
- Proven strong cross-team and cross-org partner management. Ability to influence, motivate, and align people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Analytical and truth-seeking mentality. Ability to understand sophisticated concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
- Results oriented: Experience resolving effective program critical metrics and using them to measure program success and issues.
- Experienced in project management. Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them when best suited.
- Excellent in identifying process gaps, measuring progress, and balancing engineering and product efficiency with process overhead.
- Be exceptional at facilitating discussions. You get the right people in the room, let conversations run their course while they are productive, move them toward consensus when possible, and make hard decisions or advance, as required.
- Certification in Agile methodologies
- Exposure to Payments platforms
- Experience in start-up culture
- Ability to pivot and adapt quickly
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.