Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Revenue Accountant - Systems to join our growing Finance team as a key contributor to global revenue systems at StockX. In this role, you will play an integral role in the design, implementation, and maintenance of revenue systems, while ensuring the integrity of data used as part of the end-to-end Revenue Accounting close and reporting cycle in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
You’ll develop expertise in all aspects of data and systems relied upon by the Revenue Accounting team, and in doing so establish strong relationships with Data, Engineering, Product, Business Intelligence, and external vendors that are involved in various system initiatives. You’ll also be responsible for implementing key accounting controls as it relates to system updates and changes that impact revenue accounting and require appropriate user-acceptance testing. You will report into the Revenue Manager, and play a key role in supporting the growth and maturity of the Revenue team’s close and reporting processes.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with Data, Engineering, Product, and external vendors to build, implement, and maintain revenue systems that are critical to revenue close and reporting processes
- Detect, investigate, and resolve reconciliation issues
- Partner with business intelligence and data engineering teams to understand internal data sources and create self-serve solutions for ad-hoc revenue data asks
- Create and maintain standardized processes for accounting requirements drafting and user acceptance testing
- Create and maintain intakes process for changes and updates to revenue systems in order to support growth and expansion of the business
- Collaborate with Revenue Manager to ensure accounting requirements and system outputs are in alignment with US GAAP and ASC 606 revenue recognition rules
- Develop end-to-end process documentation for revenue systems and related key controls to ensure completeness and accuracy of revenue accounting data
- Support ERP implementation, automation efforts, and other initiatives to accelerate and improve month end close
- Support external audit requirements
- B.S. Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a quantitative discipline
- Minimum 2 years progressive experience in finance, accounting, or business analytics
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and ASC 606
- Proven ability to work with high volume of data, detail-oriented and takes proactive approach to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with requirements gathering, user acceptance testing, and system implementation specific to revenue accounting and reporting
- Proficiency in SQL, tableau, and other data analytics tools preferred
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.