Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Revenue Accountant to join our growing Finance team as a key contributor to global revenue processes at StockX. In this role, you will play an integral role in the implementation of key processes and initiatives to drive our monthly revenue accounting and reporting close cycles, while ensuring completeness and accuracy of revenue data in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
You’ll develop a strong understanding of StockX’s revenue cycle, and collaborate closely with both internal and external resources that contribute to the underlying data and systems used to support the overall close process. You’ll communicate regularly with cross-functional business partners such as FP&A, Tax, Payments, and Marketing to gain up-to-date business insights and provide accounting support for new product offerings and initiatives. You will report directly into the Accounting Manager - Revenue, and play a key role in supporting the growth and development of an expanding revenue accounting team.
What you'll do
- Support revenue accounting operations for the complete order-to-cash cycle - areas include but not limited to revenue, inventory, taxes and fees, payments, refunds, chargebacks, collection and disbursement processes
- Work closely with the Revenue Accounting Manager and other team members to support key projects and initiatives to improve the speed and quality of month-end close
- Collaborate with external vendors and tools that are used in parallel with internal revenue systems to support month end close and reporting needs
- Communicate with cross-functional teams to gain business insights and build accounting processes to support new products or business expansion initiatives
- Support the implementation and execution of key revenue accounting controls
- Ensure alignment of ASC 606 guidance with operational processes
- Support system implementation requirements, and ad-hoc revenue reporting requests
- Support external audit requirements
- Minimum 2 years experience in finance or accounting
- B.S. Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a quantitative discipline
- CPA license a plus
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and ASC 606
- Experience in month end close processes in a SOX effective environment a plus
- Proven ability to work with high volume of data, detail-oriented and takes proactive approach to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.