Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the role
We’re looking for an Accounting Manager - Revenue to join our growing Finance team as a leader of global revenue processes and systems at StockX. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing key process and automation initiatives to drive and manage our monthly revenue accounting and reporting close cycles, while ensuring completeness and accuracy of revenue data in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
You’ll manage both internal and external resources that are critical to improving the month end close process, and develop strong partnerships with Technical Accounting, FP&A, Tax, Payments and Marketing to gain up-to-date business insights and provide accounting support for new product offerings and initiatives. You will report directly into the Director of Revenue, and play a key role in the growth and development of an expanding revenue accounting team.
What you'll do
- Manage revenue accounting operations for the complete order-to-cash cycle - areas include but not limited to revenue, inventory, taxes and fees, payments, refunds, chargebacks, collection and disbursement processes
- Lead key projects and initiatives to improve the speed and quality of month-end close
- Build relationships across multiple payment service providers to align on data and reporting needs to support reconciliation and close related activities
- Partner with revenue accounting systems team in automation efforts and building accounting requirements for strategic initiatives as it relates to payments accounting
- Design, implement and take ownership of key revenue accounting controls
- Partner with technical accounting team to establish critical revenue accounting policies, and to ensure operations are in alignment with ASC 606 guidance
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to gain business insights and build accounting processes to support new products or business expansion initiatives
- Support the growth and development of direct reports and provide mentorship and guidance to the wider accounting team
- Support external audit requirements
- B.S. Degree in Finance / Accounting
- CPA license required, Big 4 experience a plus
- Minimum 8 years progressive financial and accounting experience
- Advanced understanding of US GAAP and ASC 606
- Experience in payments accounting strongly preferred
- Proven ability to improve month end close processes while operating in a SOX effective environment
- Proven ability to grow and develop high-performing teams in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in enterprise accounting software, system implementation experience a plus
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.